Coli Dads...What are some good games for 5-8yr Olds? (Xbox, no connect)

Hard Hitta

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Battle Crack, MI
I know the connect has a bunch of great games but I never got one. My little girl is just starting to play.

She likes playing blackops some times and likes Lego Indiana Jones.

I got her a couple arcade game, the simpsons shes likes...some Doritos game that's like Whip Out, also bought her the Viva Piñata game, it's a party game one. Don't they have an original Viva Piñata ?..... Also I heard the Lego Star Wars is a really good game for kids.

Help me out fellow fathers !!!

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Of course the sports games are pretty good NBA2k etc.
All the Lego games are piff.
Kameo elements of power is a cheap pickup
Viva Pinata even the undertones of slavery and communism are a bit :huhldup:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Kameo
The most recent sonic game(I forget the name)
Lego games
Sonic racing
I bought Fuel for $4 for my son and I had more fun with that then he did:lolbron:

That's all I can think of right now for non-kinect games

Hard Hitta

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Battle Crack, MI
What Kameo? I was trying to think of some original Xbox games... I'm not a huge gamer so can u play ALL the old Xbox games on the 360?

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Rayman origins. Rayman Legends coming out next month. Incredbile game
Every lego game
Disney Infinite just came out
Angry Birds
Epic Mickey
Katamari

Whenever i put this on my nieces would be like. RAYMAN YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! :gladbron:

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I know the connect has a bunch of great games but I never got one. My little girl is just starting to play.

She likes playing blackops some times and likes Lego Indiana Jones.

I got her a couple arcade game, the simpsons shes likes...some Doritos game that's like Whip Out, also bought her the Viva Piñata game, it's a party game one. Don't they have an original Viva Piñata ?..... Also I heard the Lego Star Wars is a really good game for kids.

Help me out fellow fathers !!!
As a father with girls, I'm your go to source for this question :manny:

From what I've seen, they don't really have a favorite that THEY can tell you about because its all new to them.
So you give them stuff, you see what they like. You said COD? You exposing your daughter to questionable games at that age imo. And its hard to say because you didn't give enough info. But Kinect (not connect) has there favorite games now that I think about it outside of games on the Wii. Just Dance is big with girls of all ages. Dance Central is better, but more for pre-teens and up. For me to help you, what type of "stuff" is your daughter into. Is she a girly girl, or a tomboy?
Do you let her watch you play often? She might like COD because she likes the quality time.

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
Honestly I'd just hit up amazon and give them the gift of classic gaming, you can never go wrong.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Until you reply to me, I'll just make a mock list. Most of these list are from grownups who think they know without putting any real thought into it. They basically just naming games.
Like Epic Mickey for instance. Decent game, but to suggest that when Disney Infinity just dropped is :mindblown:

The other thing you must do is just download any game that interest her. If she likes the demo, get the full game :manny:
Thats better than having a bunch of ppl who you don't know give you bad advice.
I can definitely help tho, i want to na mean. I'll check back later, gotta go take care of some business

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
I know you don't have one, but I just wan't to put the vote in for getting a Kinect for the kids. We have so many fun games on there, it's more that worth the purchase.

Other that that, like has been said. Lego Games (batman, etc)

my boys love minecraft and castle defense games and classics from the microsoft arcade.

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
My lil nephews and nieces LOVE rayman origins and it's cheap to boot.
I play it with nephews and nieces who's age range from 4-12 and even if they don't know what they're doing they still have fun just slapping each other.

HomieSoprano

Whattaya hear, whattaya say?
Daps
Reppin
Northeast Ohio
Lego Batman (and Lego Marvel when it drops), the old school TMNT joint in XB arcade, the xmen one too

Last edited:

Hard Hitta

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Battle Crack, MI
As a father with girls, I'm your go to source for this question :manny:

From what I've seen, they don't really have a favorite that THEY can tell you about because its all new to them.
So you give them stuff, you see what they like. You said COD? You exposing your daughter to questionable games at that age imo. And its hard to say because you didn't give enough info. But Kinect (not connect) has there favorite games now that I think about it outside of games on the Wii. Just Dance is big with girls of all ages. Dance Central is better, but more for pre-teens and up. For me to help you, what type of "stuff" is your daughter into. Is she a girly girl, or a tomboy?
Do you let her watch you play often? She might like COD because she likes the quality time.

Yeah my phone put connect for some reason, but...

Nah man I let my daughter watch whatever unless it has any type of sexual stuff or scary stuff.... To think COD is bad for kids is on some :mjpls: shyt... Kids are gonna see alot worse. But that's another topic of discussion.

She is def a girly girl , but my baby moms has been with her man for 2 1/2 years and he has 2 little boys so she is into superhero stuff also. I didn't even own a game system up till a month ago because I don't play like I used to before I had her. She plays over at my Bms and loves it so I bought one....

She loves anything Disney . All the princess, loves all the teen shows on Disney, hello kitty is her favorite. She loves music, 1 direction, all the Disney / nick stars... Like I said she likes superhero stuff, fighting games, like wrestling , I downloaded some little my avatar wrestling game she loves.

Let me know man , ima look that Disney game up now