Coli brehs that aren’t married or don’t have kids do you experience jealousy from coworkers?

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Jealousy? Nah.
Unwarranted 'pity', 'cause me not being married or having kids nearing 40 got them feeling somewhat superior and they feel like you just at home, jerking off and playing Videogames?
:beli:
There's a Caribbean phrase that often starts off "You ain't got chick nor child..." when it comes to you being single, unmarried and without a kid which is stereotypically attributed to you supposedly having more energy or time to do more work than those that have "Families" to take care of and that's bandied about ALOT when it comes to situations like this, which would often result in my having to work Saturdays and at times open on Holidays while everyone else is at home doing 'family shyt'.
:yeshrug:
I had to let 'em know that having children today ain't as easy/simple/cheap as it was back in the day and I ain't trying to have a "Baby Mama" situation or have my kids be wrapped up in a lifestyle in which I can't provide for them at an adequate level that I feel a person of my upbringing should have for themselves.
I also started 'bringing' girls I've been tom catting with into work for appearances so they know I ain't some kind of middle aged incel weirdo to where they know now that I be getting it in, so my current lifestyle is a carefully curated choice, not a situation.​

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
Nah… when I talk to those who have kids…especially friends… they tell me to wait… enjoy my freedom…kids are expensive. Don’t have to worry about a naggin wife :blessed:

I don’t think I’ll raise kids in America tho… just seems too expensive

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
nahh married people always try to recruit you to their cult

"dont you want to leave a legacy?"
"what you gonna do when you get old?"
"doesnt having sex you actually enjoy get old?"
"I mean...who needs extra money anyway?"
This hasn't been universal for me, not with men. They may be a bit more into trying to convince you to have a kid but many understand you not tryna get married.

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
All the time, at work, and at home in the neighborhood.

I think this happens mostly to men who can afford to live in houses by themselves, especially if it's in a new development. I heard a younger single brother on my old IT job talk about this years back. We were the only single brothers on the job. Plus he was driving a new white Maxima, one of the top rides back then. He was this tall, quiet, cool, light-skinned cat. But he was a little too reserved, even for me. He was that brother who grew up in that nice newer development right next to the hood, and sorta looked down on the hood. I remember he was telliing me when he first moved into his new townhouse in Bowie, this married brother living across the street from him, left a note on his door saying something like, "Come on man, why?". He couldn't make sense outta it, and neither could I, other than that married brother was very, very insecure.

Anyway, I started going through similar things when I bought my first new house, except I was feeling it on the job way more than he was. But I never had a married brother leave a note on my door like that...they just barley speak to me. Btw, I also stayed in the gym, and I always dressed nice. But I'm still catching it now in the South, retired, and outta shape (sort of). How will people act when I get back in shape. On that note, as an older Black man, you gotta stay in shape. I mean even certain women these days will practically try to walk over you in some of these shopping places, if they catch you slipping...this really caught me off guard.

With all said, on the job, I got more jealousy because of my clothes. While at home, I got jealousy because of the same thing, plus my house, and everything I owned in it, or outside attached to it. But back in the day, no matter how right you were, you could not discuss the jealousy problem with most people, even with you're new girlfriend. Now look at where we are today as a people.

Last edited:

Mrburt2u

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
north cakalaky
Yeah, my coworkers hate hearing how I'm about to go home and take a nap after work before I go out for the evening.

They all would say how "jealous" they were or, "how they wish they could just go home and sleep and not tend to another soul or souls"

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
I was talking to an African yesterday and he wasn’t jealous, maybe envious but he was really warning me how hard it can be married w children even if the kids are good.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Brehette here. Most of the people I work around are mostly young people so they aren't on that.

However, people around my age who I have known...that's a different story. I had one chick from high school tell me how she thinks I am so beautiful and her hero. Lol She got married out of HS and has been depressed ever since. Her looks went to the toilet and she never recovered.

It's not hate though. More like "I wish I would have waited and went off to experience life like you" type energy.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m at the hospital and a male nurse is asking me what I plan to do for the weekend and I say that I will spend time with my woman and travel to Detroit he then goes on a tirade saying it must be nice since he can’t do that since he has kids and his wife won’t let him travel anymore

He also come to work early and leaves late he loves traffic since it “is one of the few times I have to myself”

I know several people like this why have a family of you don’t like them?
It’s lack of discipline.

Many of them try to bring their single friends to their level.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Brehette here. Most of the people I work around are mostly young people so they aren't on that.

However, people around my age who I have known...that's a different story. I had one chick from high school tell me how she thinks I am so beautiful and her hero. Lol She got married out of HS and has been depressed ever since. Her looks went to the toilet and she never recovered.

It's not hate though. More like "I wish I would have waited and went off to experience life like you" type energy.

:mjlol:

Do you expect anyone to believe that?