Coli brehettes, help a breh upgrade his wardrobe

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
My parents really couldn't afford to take me clothes shopping, I mostly wore hand me downs, so I never really got a chance to develop my own style. Now I'm out on my own, recently got a new job that pays quite well, so now I want to upgrade my wardrobe. My current wardrobe ain't too bad, I just don't think it fits me well.

I'm 6 ft. 1, I weigh about 160 lbs. (I put on 24 lbs. recently :blessed:) and I'm light-skinned.

- What colors do you guys think look good on a light-skinned breh?
- What do y'all think of ear piercings?
- Where can I find some quality jeans at a decent price? Not trying to shop at True Religion.
- Do H&M, Forever 21, etc. sell good quality clothing?

Also, later on, I'll post some photos of some of my current outfits and ask y'all what you think.

miranda

Banned
Supporter
Daps
what do you consider liteskinned, post a celeb with your exact skin tone and one with your build
studs in ears are fine, hoops nope
h&m and f21 is cheap in price and construction, it's disposable after the season, but f21 girls stuff is super cute
lose some weight

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Lol this dude, nikka get you some Levi jeans (regular, light n dark) and two brown pants. It's Finna get cld so get some winter gear (long sleeves, jackets, sweaters etc) but don't spend to much u can bum it through the winter ur main focus shld be yo spring gear get it now/save ur bread towards it. Feet game shld be simple, then just create fits

Paradise

Too tired to think of something witty to say...
Daps
I suggest just buying a couple of basic pieces and construct outfits around that. Buy nice jeans in different washes, buy nice dress slacks ( black and khaki) then you can buy different shirts, jackets and sweaters to make the outfits. Make sure you have nice shoes. You don't have to spend a butt load of money on clothes to look nice. It's all about the construction of the outfit. Also mix pieces you already have that you like wearing.

How to Build an Interchangeable Wardrobe | The Art of Manliness

Last edited:

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
what do you consider liteskinned, post a celeb with your exact skin tone and one with your build
h&m and f21 is cheap in price and construction, it's disposable after the season, but f21 girls stuff is super cute
lose some weight

I'm about TI's skin complexion.
I can't really think of a celebrity with my build. I'm tall and skinny, but I put on lean muscle almost naturally, so now that I'm bulking up you could say I'm built like a swimmer.

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
lose some weight

:wtf: And did you really say to lose some weight?
Do you think 6 ft. 1, 160 lbs is too much?

RoyalQ

I'm a woman.
Daps
160 of muscle or flab? Post a pic.
I'm trying to develop my own style. Growing up I only went to uniformed schools and church. And my mom would by me church clothes that we both can wear which is old style. When I graduated high school I only had uniform and old lady clothes. I'm trying to buy more young clothes but I don't have a lot of money. I find just getting inspiration from magazines and YouTube. Not name brands but just style. Whats your style? What look do you gravitate towards?