COINTELPRO

Assata Shakur

In Cuba chilling
Daps
For those that have knowledge, let's have a real discussion on this subject of the white government and the evil that went on during this time

Assata Shakur

In Cuba chilling
Daps
I don't know to much but I just read Assata Shakur autobiography and she mentioned COINTELPRO a lot

Aviso

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
COINTELPRO was basically a covert operation by the FBI, initiated by FBI director J Edgar Hoover. The program was developed to "prevent the rise of a black messiah" that could unify the black population.

The FBI had a direct hand in the deaths of Malcom X, Dr Martin Luther King, Fred Hampton, and many others. They also took down the Black Panthers.

Aviso

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The crazy thing about COINTELPRO was that is was discovered by white activists that broke into an FBI office and stole random documents.

The activists didn't even realize what they initially stumbled on, but they decided to leak the documents to the media.

Once the documents were leaked, FBI director J Edgar Hoover had all other COINTELPRO documents destroyed. So there is still a lot of information that never made it to the public.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
I don't know to much but I just read Assata Shakur autobiography and she mentioned COINTELPRO a lot

COINTELPRO may not be a well-understood acronym but its meaning and continuing impact are absolutely central to understanding the government’s wars and repression against progressive movements. COINTELPRO represents the state’s strategy to prevent movements and communities from overturning white supremacy and creating racial justice. COINTELPRO is both a formal program of the FBI and a term frequently used to describe a conspiracy among government agencies—local, state, and federal—to destroy movements for self-determination and liberation for Black, Brown, Asian, and Indigenous struggles, as well as mount an institutionalized attack against allies of these movements and other progressive organizations.

COINTELPRO 101 is an educational film that will open the door to understanding this history. This documentary will introduce viewers new to this history to the basics and direct them to other resources where they can learn more. The intended audiences are the generations that did not experience the social justice movements of the sixties and seventies.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
COINTELPRO was basically a covert operation by the FBI, initiated by FBI director J Edgar Hoover. The program was developed to "prevent the rise of a black messiah" that could unify the black population.

The FBI had a direct hand in the deaths of Malcom X, Dr Martin Luther King, Fred Hampton, and many others. They also took down the Black Panthers.

and a couple other groups. I can't wait for some of those MLK files to get unclassified.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I’d kill to know what Hoover had in his safe when he died. He kept all his kompromat on government officials in it and I suspect whatever dirt he had to hide himself.