Reppin
#AnyCityGang
Tell a friend to tell a friend :sas2:

Add me up :umad:

PSN: SwaveyAV

Activision ID:
SwaveyAV#4018409

:ahh:

Warzone Season 3 update: PPSh & new guns, weapon balancing, Hunt for Adler event, more

by Albert Petrosyan
warzone-season-3-patch-notes-update-call-of-duty.jpg

WARZONE SEASON 3
Activision and Raven Software have revealed early details for all the new content coming to Call of Duty: Warzone in Season Three, including exciting new additions like the PPSh SMG, a new event called Hunt for Adler, and big changes coming to Verdansk.

With just hours to go before Season 3 launches in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone, players are waiting in anticipation to see what new content and changes Raven have in store for them.

Fortunately, the devs outlined much of what’s coming in a massive blog post on April 19, which we’ve broken down for you below.

Warzone Season 3 Roadmap
warzone-black-ops-cold-war-season-3-roadmap-1024x576.jpg

Full Season 3 Roadmap for Warzone and Black Ops Cold War!
What’s new in Warzone Season 3?
Verdansk nuked in Operation Rapid Sunder event
Operation Rapid Sunder, more commonly known as the Nuke Event, is very much underway in Warzone, and it’s already impacted the landscape of the game.

Right away, in the event’s first part, players got to experience the ‘Destruction of Verdansk Part 1’ playlist, which saw a nuclear missile blow up the map and leave it in a cloud of smoke and ashes.

The next phase of the event is underway on a brand-new night version of Rebirth Island (which also includes a new POI called Control Center). You can follow along live with our Warzone Nuke Event hub, which includes live updates on what’s happening.

Six new weapons: PPSH, Swiss K31, AMP63, more
There are a total of six new weapons coming to Warzone in Season 3 – two released right away at launch and a further four coming later on in the season. The big one is the PPSh-41, the iconic old-school SMG that’s making its way back into the CoD series. It will be released at launch along with the Swiss K31, a new bolt-action sniper rifle.

ppsh-1024x576.jpg

Activision
The PPSh-41 returns to Call of Duty in Warzone & Cold War!
As per usual, all three of these weapons are available to players for free and can be unlocked via the Battle Pass.

As for the other three other four – the CARV.2 Tactical Rifle, AMP63 Pistol, Ballistic Knife and Baseball Bat – those will be released at some point during the season.

Hunt for Adler event
Season 3 will start off with a new limited-time event called Hunt for Adler, during which players will have to look for Intel Challenges in both Warzone and Black Ops Cold War to try and discover the whereabouts of Russell Adler, the game’s protagonist that’s been missing since the end of Season 1.

Players will weapon charms, calling cards, and other rewards by completing the in-game challenges, and those who finish the full set will earn an exclusive Adler skin to use in both multiplayer and battle royale.

hunt-for-adler-warzone-season-3-1024x576.jpg

Activision
Warzone Season 3 will begin with the Hunt for Adler event.
Warzone Season 3 patch notes & weapon balancing
While we do still have to wait for Raven to roll out the full patch notes for the S3 update, they’ve already revealed some of the changes coming to the game, including an adjustment to the infamous Roze skin and “significant” weapon balancing to the AUG, M16, FFAR, and Sykov.

Some of the changes have already been implemented in their April 19 update, including several nerfs for the Sykov, a fix for the notorious sniper no-glint bug, and an adjustment to the way the RC-XD gets purchased at buy stations.

:blessed::blessed::blessed

Last edited:
Daps
I ain’t going to lie, I’m looking forward to this. The integration of Cold War killed it for me ( even tho it was already falling off )

but they actually listened to the community after the patch notes was released. They also nerf some weapons before they can become meta, so the game can stay balanced. Let’s see if it’s all truth.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
This nuke event so far has been trash, it's hard to get excited about the "new" map when it's the same map we been playing for over a year now with a reskin. Activision really dropped the ball on this shyt but it dont matter because $$$. And they fact that warzone was only gonna be supported until cold war came out and they were gonna drop blackout 2 is just retarded as hell.

A.V.

reTIreMEnt: THE ALBUM (01/22) ALL DSPs
Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang
@A.V. Let me find out you play Warzone. Hit me, breh..

I'm in the coli regiment OFFMETA SHOGUN

I just started playing 2 weeks ago and I'm decent. Normally, I'm a single-player story mode; Madden & 2K player, but my mans got me hooked on this shyt.

Still ironing out my aim & movement mechanics, but as far as tactics & strategy, I've got shyt down. Normally run with a squad of high payout tournament players. I'll add you up tho fam. :salute:

I'll add you up now. EDIT: couldn't find you.

How do I add or find the Coli regiment?

If anybody else wanna run wit the gawd,

Activision ID: SwaveyAV#4018409

:francis: I dont recognize hardly any of these youngins

:russ: this is dope

#SLATT

Last edited:

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
CoD devs looking to ensure ‘seamless experience’ between Warzone & premium games

Call of Duty’s engine differences between studios has come to the spotlight as Warzone takes center stage for the franchise.

When Call of Duty: Warzone first launched, it was developed by Infinity Ward and Raven Software in a partnership to become the battle royale for Modern Warfare.

With the game launching free to play, it’s taken on a life of its own in terms of success. And, Activision wants to integrate Warzone with their premium releases to provide a seamless Call of Duty experience for players.

However, the launch of Black Ops Cold War brought some challenges. Cold War is built on Treyarch’s own engine, which is different in style, look, and feel to Warzone. The integration of Cold War’s weapons was a rough period as balancing issues amongst other stood out.

Now, Activision’s President has acknowledged in a new interview with VentureBeat that this is something they are looking to avoid in the future.

He says the teams have been “very focused on that in particular.”

Kostich states that one of “the most important concepts” for their teams is “to make sure we limit any friction for our community as we go forward.

The “as we go forward” there is key. Warzone’s success, coupled with Cold War’s development time resulted in differences in engine and game feel. But in the future, that issue should not occur, per Kostich.

“What that means behind the scenes is making sure that from a technology perspective, everything feels seamless to the player. That’s a big focus for us as we move forward, so that as you transition from one experience to the next, as new weapons come in and out of the game, it feels like a solid, continuous play experience that evolves into the future.”

Kostich states that the internal teams now are collaborating more than ever before. These features and enhancements will come “from our development teams working together to make that–as you swap in and out from Warzone or a premium experience in the future, it’s seamless for our community. It’s been another passionate point for our team, to make sure we can provide the best experience possible for our fans as we go forward.”

There are rumors already about the 2021 Call of Duty game, which is set to be developed by Sledgehammer Games. The title is rumored to be called ‘Call of Duty: WWII Vanguard.’ But the important aspect here is that the latest rumors state the game is running on Infinity Ward’s engine, which means it’s the same engine as Warzone.

If that’s the case, then there will be no friction between the experiences as players move between the two games.

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
also one more article

Activision ‘investing more’ in Warzone anti-cheat, providing better communication

Activision Publishing President Rob Kostich spoke with VentureBeat in an interview to talk about all things Call of Duty as Season 3 of Warzone & Black Ops Cold War kicks off.

As part of the interview, VentureBeat’s reporter asked Kostich about some of the hot topics around the Call of Duty: Warzone community. That includes rumors about weapon balancing, anti-cheat, file size of the game, and more.

Kostich provided an answer to the question, stating there was two things they have to do on that: communication and action.

He commits that the team “will continue to do a better and better job of communicating with the community very frequently.

Specifically, on the anti-cheat front, many players in Warzone have been frustrated with the cheating situation. It escalated to the point where BBC News did an article on the situation earlier this year. The company then said they would provide ‘regular’ updates on the situation, and to their credit, the have.

Kostich echos this point in the interview stating they have a “dedicated security team.” He also notes that “any large-scale free-to-play game gets attacked about those not-good actors who are out there.”

Kostich confirms that Activision is “investing more resources there to make sure we provide the best possible experience for our fans” and also focusing on how to communicate about the action that they are taking more frequently.

Another topic around Warzone that caught many people’s attention was the game’s file size. Call of Duty titles over the last year have taken as much as 250GB of space on consoles with the amount of updates.

Here, he reiterates that their goal when the game launch “was to make the best-looking, best-playing battle royale experience on the planet. I think we accomplished that. With that, though, there’s a bit of a file size that we recognize.”

Kostich confirms that they have “a team that’s continuously focused on taking down that footprint for our fans so they can better manage their inventory of games.”

He finishes stating that they have to work “very aggressively on behalf of the community, and we’ll continue to do a better job of communicating with them.”

“We’re excited, and more than anything we’re thankful for our community and their support. We’re more passionate than ever to surprise and delight them in the future.”

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I just started playing 2 weeks ago and I'm decent. Normally, I'm a single-player story mode; Madden & 2K player, but my mans got me hooked on this shyt.

Still ironing out my aim & movement mechanics, but as far as tactics & strategy, I've got shyt down. Normally run with a squad of high payout tournament players. I'll add you up tho fam. :salute:

I'll add you up now. EDIT: couldn't find you.

How do I add or find the Coli regiment?

If anybody else wanna run wit the gawd,

Activision ID: SwaveyAV#4010849

:russ: this is dope

#SLATT
I'll add u in the regiment when I get back to the crib