COD:MW file size passes 180GB

Rain

đź‘€
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Since launch, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has been steadily growing in size thanks to its frequent, large updates. Following this week's latest patch and additional DLC content, the Modern Warfare file size now occupies close to 200GB on any given platform, and these updates are required to keep playing the game online. They also mean even those buying a new physical copy will have to wait for a substantial period before they can actually play.

Modern Warfare on PC currently takes about just over 180GB of hard-drive space, while ringing in at just over 185GB on PS4 and Xbox One. This follows two patches that went live on April 28. On PC these were combined into a single 32GB download, while it was split into a 12GB title update and additional 18GB DLC download on consoles. Warzoneplayers on console could skip the latter of the two, reducing their overall download requirement and file size.

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare's Enormous Patch Size Annoys Players

The more they update this game, the more users gonna have to look at dedicating specific drives to it :gucci:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Damn. If this were any other kind of non-sports game, this would be getting a lot more attention. As it is, though, most of COD's base generally only play it, so they likely aren't having as many issues. But could you imagine if an Assassin's Creed, a MetroidVania, a Blizzard game or even an ARPG was demanding nearly 200GB of your harddrive? shyt, FF7R was smaller and that game looks better than COD will in 10 years. People would be calling for coders' heads and demanding better compression/optimization.

COD really is just it's own genre at this point. It, FIFA and NBA2K can do shyt literally no other game could possibly get away with.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
2tb external for $64 on fat kid deals...if u cop 2 u get 4tb's for $128 cant beat that

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Do yall honestly think the next gta wont surpass 200gb? Or hell even this year cod? FF7 and Last of us 2 are 100gbs by itself and those games have no multiplayer at all. bytching about it won't change it. If u want to play the game get more space lol.

Not to mention the latest patch added something the fanbase wanted since launch with custom blueprints,. How do u bytch about getting something u want just cause the patch size is big? Lmao.

I've criticized COD for years but this is honestly the most fun i had with a Duty game since BO2. Both multiplayer and Warzone. If they need 200gbs from me i got them!

Last edited:

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Like I said. Not a problem if you have extended storage. But it really is infuriating for people that arent trying to buy that storage just because of 1 game.

But still.. when gta 6 comes out
anigif_sub-buzz-25972-1479741401-2.gif