Coco Gauff loses at Wimbledon and Olympics, has a temper tantrum, blames her coaches at the press conference

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

4:00

- "Yeah we had a gameplan going into the match, but I felt it wasn't working, and I had no solutions. And I don't always ask for assistance"
- "Mentally, I felt like alot was going on and I wanted more direction from the coaching Box"
- "It's happened before where I needed help and didn't get the response I needed, but this is the first time it happened with Brad Gilbert"
- "We weren't in sync at all"

To throw her coach under the bus like that :mjtf:

Hate to ask this question, but has Coco Gauff peaked as a player? :lupe:
Her forehand has not improved at all, and she may need to change that Western Forehand Grip

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Just reading the text, it's not a great response. In a sport where people try to elevate players above team sports, this is where I argue leadership skills aren't flexed enough for me to just automatically give golf, tennis, or boxers higher praise than players from team sports

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
In watching that match, she wasn't going to listen to anything Brad had to say regardless. It's become a trend for Coco to get pissed off at him whenever her matches start to go left. Not long ago she loudly pleaded for him to stop talking altogether during the match because she said it wasn't helping. So he basically had to STFU the rest of the match. There was a clear point the other day that nothing anyone said was going to get through because she was too frustrated.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Can't say I've watched her or much tennus period but when I have it seems like she gets unnerved easily.

COME ON!!! :damn: :damn:

(Wonders who the hell she's yelling at :dahell:)
She's still pretty young, give her time to mature.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Meh. She’s usually a media darling and always says the right thing. She will be fine.

• Dap
Reactions: Why

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
Just reading the text, it's not a great response. In a sport where people try to elevate players above team sports, this is where I argue leadership skills aren't flexed enough for me to just automatically give golf, tennis, or boxers higher praise than players from team sports

But you could also argue the great individual sports athletes have the leadership and drive to elevate themselves in competition cuz you don't have teammates.

That's what made watching Tiger Serena or a great boxer great for tv

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
But you could also argue the great individual sports athletes have the leadership and drive to elevate themselves in competition cuz you don't have teammates.

That's what made watching Tiger Serena or a great boxer great for tv
I dunno if I'd count that as leadership. But I'd say it does take great drive.

datmass

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
didn't she used to have Serenas coach for one season and got rid of him to bring Gilbert back?
sample size was too small to me.