CNBC presents, Raleigh's ascension (+ greater Triangle, NC)...

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
CNBC just released a short film documenting the ascent of Raleigh and the greater Triangle area of NC:

@Bryan Danielson you still in the city tonight too? This is a good watch...

This was dope and highlighted a number of key points, and I'd also like to speak more specifically from a BLACK perspective!

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
First and foremost I want to say that the major drawback here is that they can't get rail transit started here. Have no clue why it's so hard, and there are plenty of areas just within the city of Raleigh alone that could use it.

Some people come here from bigger cities expecting the same level of amenities here, which just won't happen overnight, if ever. But some people come from bigger cities and love the change in atmosphere. "Wherever you go, there you are", life is about what you make it. I came here in '19 and didn't even try to like it. Once I did, gradually fell in love with the place because it isn't the same as where I'm from. It's Raleigh, it has its own unique culture and character.

Anyone black will find an absolute booming economy. Rents are dropping here, jobs by the boatload. It can still be considered expensive if you're going out but that's the give and take, I don't think it's terribly expensive. The local black community here too, is large and vast, we have representation at every turn here which is definitely unique in America.

The education infrastructure is borderline elite. Wake Public (WCPSS) is the school system for Raleigh, is the 15th-largest public school system in the US (14th if you discount Puerto Rico), and one of the best big city public districts nationally. So you go thru Wake schools, which feed into the UNC system and state schools, the higher education bracket is fire here. Raleigh has mad universities and technical schools, and like this video highlights there are more in the surrounding region.

There's a ton of shyt to do, no this isn't a 24-hour city, but in my experience if you're bored here, you're probably a boring person. This isn't a two store town...

I've grown to appreciate and love the city for everything it is. I don't much care for the surrounding region, for various reasons, but the city of Raleigh I think is dope and is catching more name recognizance on a national scale. Every new business that moves here raises the bar, renaming our arena the Lenovo Center raises the bar, being early bidders on an MLB team raises the bar, etc.

Bishop_BP_Jakes

Prophesying on your CD's and tapes
Daps
Reppin
3-3-6 Mafia
First and foremost I want to say that the major drawback here is that they can't get rail transit started here. Have no clue why it's so hard, and there are plenty of areas just within the city of Raleigh alone that could use it.

Some people come here from bigger cities expecting the same level of amenities here, which just won't happen overnight, if ever. But some people come from bigger cities and love the change in atmosphere. "Wherever you go, there you are", life is about what you make it. I came here in '19 and didn't even try to like it. Once I did, gradually fell in love with the place because it isn't the same as where I'm from. It's Raleigh, it has its own unique culture and character.

Anyone black will find an absolute booming economy. Rents are dropping here, jobs by the boatload. It can still be considered expensive if you're going out but that's the give and take, I don't think it's terribly expensive. The local black community here too, is large and vast, we have representation at every turn here which is definitely unique in America.

The education infrastructure is borderline elite. Wake Public (WCPSS) is the school system for Raleigh, is the 15th-largest public school system in the US (14th if you discount Puerto Rico), and one of the best big city public districts nationally. So you go thru Wake schools, which feed into the UNC system and state schools, the higher education bracket is fire here. Raleigh has mad universities and technical schools, and like this video highlights there are more in the surrounding region.

There's a ton of shyt to do, no this isn't a 24-hour city, but in my experience if you're bored here, you're probably a boring person. This isn't a two store town...

I've grown to appreciate and love the city for everything it is. I don't much care for the surrounding region, for various reasons, but the city of Raleigh I think is dope and is catching more name recognizance on a national scale. Every new business that moves here raises the bar, renaming our arena the Lenovo Center raises the bar, being early bidders on an MLB team raises the bar, etc.
I still need someone to explain to me why we don't have a rail system in the Triad:martin:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I still need someone to explain to me why we don't have a rail system in the Triad:martin:
Triad is a much smaller region with smaller cities and less congestion than The Triangle. The Triangle needs it, region wide and with Raleigh being the biggest city here it definitely needs it.

This area is growing in the vein of the DFW Metroplex. Raleigh is our Dallas parallel, Durham is Fort Worth, Cary is Arlington. The entities responsible for state infrastructure have to see how this area is growing and plan along these lines accordingly. I spent a month and a half last August/September in DFW and the parallels from there to here are apparent, this is basically DFW on a smaller scale; in terms of growth and development Triangle is about 50 years behind DFW (we are where DFW was in the mid-70s).

I think it's dope though how Raleigh is emerging in prominence on a national scale!