Classic #GMB Story: Sherri Papini kidnapping hoax!

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
I recently watched a documentary on this story that I never heard of before:

Sherri Papini is an American woman who disappeared on November 2, 2016, reportedly while out jogging a mile from her home in Redding, California.[1] Papini was 34 years old at the time. She reappeared three weeks later on Thanksgiving Day, November 24, having been reportedly freed by her captors at 4:30 that morning still wearing restraints, on the side of County Road 17 near Interstate 5 in Yolo County, about 150 miles (240 km) south of where she disappeared.[2]

The case garnered major media attention; law enforcement experts cited doubts as to her story because of the unlikely details and inconsistencies of the reported abduction. In August 2020, she stood by her story when questioned by a federal agent and a detective from the Shasta County Sheriff's Office. She received over $30,000 from the California Victim Compensation Board between 2017 and 2021. On March 3, 2022, Papini was arrested on federal charges arising from her fabrication of the abduction; she had reportedly been staying with a former boyfriend, James Reyes, during the time she was supposedly missing and had harmed herself in order to give credence to her lies.

Six weeks after her arrest, Papini signed a plea deal admitting that she had orchestrated the hoax.[3] She pleaded guilty to one count of mail fraud and one count of making false statements. In September 2022, she was sentenced to 18 months in prison followed by three years of supervised release, and ordered to pay $300,000 (including restitution to cover the costs of the police investigation).[4]

**In every relationship she was in this bytch was lying and telling her family and friends that the person was abusive to her and beating her ass. :mjlol:

The documentary wild. Since I didn't know the story I assumed the husband killed her when the cops was talking to him cause he was sounding mad guilty and even saying guilty shyt. :dead:

2stainz

GOON MUSIC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chitown, Sohh Icey towers, LWO

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
So she was a known fraud and cheater but of course men don't care bout a woman character when they thinking with their penis. Me included

:snoop:

I knew a chick like this. Who had a live in boyfriend and they broke up. She then had him believe that she was going through cancer treatment for a year while he paid bills and they continued to live together. When I met her was during this time. Picked her up at a party. We started hanging out. One day I see her phone blowing up and it's my homies number. He's a dj...

This bytch was coming over to my crib then going over to my boys place... After that I hit up my boy and we both realized we were fukking the same chick. Then on top of that one of my female friends see's me out with her and tells me about her boyfriend situation and her lying about having cancer to some people and telling others she had undergone brain surgery for a tumor some months ago. Yet she has a full head of hair. Chemo or brain surgery would have had her looking different.

crazy broad had been trying to get me to go over to her crib. The whole time she was living with a dude as well. Thank God i didn't do it.