Civilization 7 Announced as in Development.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
:blessed: civ heads rejoice

Firaxis announces Civilization 7 is finally in development

Seven years after Civilization 6 launched, Firaxis announced Civilization 7 is officially in the works. News of the new history game comes in a press release as the studio undergoes some key leadership and staff changes.

Heather Hazen, formerly Firaxis CEO, is now the studio head and will manage the company’s development teams, including work on Civilization 7. Hazen is filling the role following former studio head Steve Martin’s departure, after 25 years with Firaxis

“I’m thrilled to have this opportunity to carry on the studio’s storied legacy, beginning with the announcement that Firaxis is in development on the next iteration of the legendary Civilization franchise,” Hazen said in the press release.

“I’m lucky to be working with some of the best developers in our industry, and we have plans to take the Civilization franchise to exciting new heights for our millions of players around the world. In addition, we will continue to support Marvel’s Midnight Suns with post-launch content, and explore new creative projects for our teams.”

Longtime Firaxis and XCOM designer Jake Solomon also left the company after 23 years. Civilization lead Ed Beach will remain in his role, however.

Firaxis and Hazen offered no further details about plans for Civilization 7 and didn’t indicate how long the strategy game has been in development. The sun hasn’t quite set on Civilization 6 yet, though. The Leader Pass still has two more batches of fresh rulers to add to the game sometime in 2023.

Written by Josh Broadwell on behalf of GLHF

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
All they had to do was tune up 5 so diverting away from Science wasn't the loser's choice for the majority of games, alongside voting yourself into victory.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
fireaxis is a few exits from me. i should go see what’s good

Obie Obie

Been in this game for years.It’s made me an animal
Daps
I wonder if they will FINALLY fix the processing speed of end game. Each turn slogs and on weaker systems its almost unplayable.