Chrono Break Trailer [Fan Made] - The sequel we never got :(

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps

Message from the creator Simon Andersen:

I’ve been making mockups for hypothetical game sequels for fun for many years. Generally all of them are still images where try to capture what made people connect to the original games and see where else I could take the concept, while still being recognizable.

After finishing a massive game project spanning a decade of development, I was ready to tackle a new series. I had already known for years I wanted to explore a hypothetical sequel to Chrono Trigger, Cross and Radical Dreamers, but it took me a full year until I figured out how I wanted it to look.

This has been my most ambitious spare time mockup so far, spanning about two months worth of work and featuring music by Jonathan Geer. If the sequel that was planned years ago was revived, this is likely how I would do it.

This video is not endorsed or licensed by SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD and is not a game under development. This is made only for fun.

Read more at The Cancelled Chrono Game, Chrono Break, Gets A Fan-Made Trailer By Owlboy Creator - Siliconera

---------------------

svxrPtN.gif

Square Enix doesnt care about their fans. Chrono Trigger remains in my top ten games I've ever played. I could never get into Chrono Cross. I can only wonder what they had in store for Chrono Break.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
We're in a world where a 16 bit inspired JRPG can sell a million on a single console and a world where Streets of Rage 4 exist's. I have more faith than ever that Chrono will return someday.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i've still never beat the game lmao.

once i got to the part where crono dies and my party being led by marle :hhh:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
We're in a world where a 16 bit inspired JRPG can sell a million on a single console and a world where Streets of Rage 4 exist's. I have more faith than ever that Chrono will return someday.

Hopefully it's like that fan trailer... I do not want another Chrono Cross :francis:

i've still never beat the game lmao.

once i got to the part where crono dies and my party being led by marle :hhh:

You can bring him back tho
:gucci:

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Hopefully it's like that fan trailer... I do not want another Chrono Cross :francis:

You can bring him back tho
:gucci:
I am not even mad at him. I had to put the game down a few days myself

Edit:

I am glad I put in work at the carnival though :whew:

Last edited:

8====D

¡Vamos Spurs Vamos!
Daps
Reppin
210 | 334
The Chrono Cross disrespect in here :scust:

CC is one of my all time favorites. PSN needs to stop bullshyttin' and bring CC over to the PS4 store. I'm not buying a PS3 just to play my classics!

Biblical Goon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
was that janus/magus? man that would be a amazing story line...
this fukking depressed the fukk out me :mjcry: this will never happen. fukking square enix is so trash for abandoning the series, spending 10 years on that train wreck of a game. This is what the world needs...

Chrono Trigger was pure creative genius, i believe square doesn't have the capacity to create something on par with the original or CC. If they do, let the dedicated fans who have been trying to make remakes for 20+ years like this dude make it.

Last edited: