Chrome group tabs on Android is trash

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Not a fan of this whole tab group feature they keep pushing. I get that they make a feature but forcing it on users with an annoying way to turn it off isn't right. Turned it off once, the browser updated itself and turned it back on. Great way to make me switch browsers. Should have been a menu toggle.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Not a fan of this whole tab group feature they keep pushing. I get that they make a feature but forcing it on users with an annoying way to turn it off isn't right. Turned it off once, the browser updated itself and turned it back on. Great way to make me switch browsers. Should have been a menu toggle.
How do you turn it off?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Try Samsung's browser. I ditched Chrome on mobile when they killed some of the extensions I use (adblockers)

The Samsung joint, let me put them back on and I haven't looked back since. Since it's an Android phone, I can easily get my accounts/password info from the Password Manager on the phone that's tied to my Gmail accounts which links back to Chrome on my desktop.

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO

Download Brave browser. Built-in AD block. Very similar to chrome with the option to turn off group tabs .

I threw chrome into the bushes just because of the group tabs and grid view.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I actually don't mind the tabs on my S10. But on my Samsung tablet you get no grid at all. I used to use Chrome on my old iPad and loved the grid for tab switching on the tablet. But you don't get that option at all on the Android tablets for some reason. Not even an option. You are forced into desktop style tabs. I had to abandon chrome and switch to Firefox. I used to like chrome on my tablet because I could easily view the same open tabs on my desktop on which I use Chrome predominately. I can't even began to understand the reasoning behind the move.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
fukk chrome. I use Samsungs browser on my s20 galaxy phone and firefox on my pc.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I never use Chrome anyway