Chris Jericho finally speaks about his return, teaser videos

captaincharisma

***** PLATINUM *****
Daps
Reppin
NYC
WWE star Chris Jericho told the UK Sun that fans were looking too deep into his reintroduction videos. "They were looking too deep into it — WAY too deep," Jericho said. "It was just supposed to be a creepy thing. My idea was that it was the Mayan calendar in 2012 saying it’s the end of the world and I was going back and it’s the ‘end of the world as you know it.’

"That means that if one day you are walking down the street and you find a dog, and then the dog lives in your house, then it's the ‘end of the world as you know it.’ It’s the end of the way that you used to live and it’s a new world.

"The girl we just put in because she was creepy looking. There was never supposed to be a girl coming in with me — there wasn’t a change of plan. It was exactly what it was intended to be — a cryptic little cool thing that led to me coming back and doing what I did."

Jericho also revealed who came up with the idea of him not talking during his initial appearances. "That part was Vince’s (McMahon) idea," Jericho said. "He was the one that suggested that and I thought it was great. I like to do something different that people don’t expect. That’s what I’ve always been about, in everything I do."

You can read more interview highlights and find a link to a SunSport podcast interview at Thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/4330059/Chris-Jericho-lifts-the-lid-on-his-feud-with-CM-Punk-FozzyWWE.html.

Daps
I found it weird that those promos were for Jericho, Taker or even Sting were better suited.
Surprised that the silent trolling thing was Vince's idea tho. In hindsight, should've only happened the first week and not stretched out for two more. Jericho's return as a heel pretending to be a face or a face turned heel in one silent promo was amazing IMO.

Would love to see Bryan/Punk/Jericho in a match down the line.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
I found it weird that those promos were for Jericho, Taker or even Sting were better suited.
Surprised that the silent trolling thing was Vince's idea tho. In hindsight, should've only happened the first week and not stretched out for two more. Jericho's return as a heel pretending to be a face or a face turned heel in one silent promo was amazing IMO.

Would love to see Bryan/Punk/Jericho in a match down the line.
Yeah Punk/ Bryan/ Jericho would be dope.
That trolling shyt he was doing was cool but I felt like there was no payoff to the whole ordeal. Like he just prematurely stopped 'cause it led to nothing.

PopOnCloud9

All Star
Daps
Jericho's been trolling E fans since day 1, the thing about this run is that people are getting tired of it now.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
So they raised expectations, knowing people were going to be looking for something on the level of the Countdown and Save Us, when it was really going to be your average "I'm back, guys!" return?

Lame.

WOAHMYGOODNESS

Your TSC World Champion
Daps
the videos, the return without speaking, the trolling during matches, and finally when he spoke and said the end of the world was coming at the rumble...AND him entering the rumble with the lights out shyt was epic and could have been herald in a bigger regard

his return has been a failure though, biggest fail by a former multi time world champ returning since i can remember...but the only highlights we have are light brite jackets and "YOU'RE A DRUNK" [smacks to the head] quotes