Chino XL Family is going off on Almighty M80 for being a thief and liar

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We don’t know what’s what ant the moment really and sidenote, Fred the Godson’s wife is claiming the friend’s who were helping with his estate have frozen her out. Smh.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
These Wu-Tang-adjacent white boys are exceptionally conniving, I see one with Wu gear on I automatically know he's uncivilized as can be.

M-80+1+%40TheBladeNews.jpg

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
useless thread with no links... telling us to check the stories smh

There are no real links, everything is in the Chino and Almighty80 IG stories right now.

We gotta talk about all the older rappers who are deliberately targeted by guys like this and fukked over. A lot of 80s/90s rappers are in debt, struggling, can't monetize their past success, signed bad deals 20+ years ago, etc. And then suddenly a white guy using big legal words alongside slang emerges while offering help...cash advances....temporary housing...legal help etc. All for a price of course, but when you're broke that shyt doesn't matter. You just want the cash. So these guys sign bullshyt contracts and get put to work. Often in Europe, where there's a far more lucrative circuit for hip hop legends to sell out touring venues. Meanwhile the manager is taking in most of the cash, and once the rapper dies...guess who has rights to the posthumous album plus multiple verses that have been saved specifically for this opportunity.

I hate that Rakim got into this shyt because unlike a lot of rappers he had options, and just chose this white dude. He got six figures from the Hip Hop Honors thing last year. Wouldn't be stunned if a lot of that has been siphoned to this fukker by now. @spliz what do you think, just curious.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I never heard Rakim or anyone from his camp say that he was scammed.

Anyone who works with that man is being scammed whether they know it or not. Look at the quality of the last album, the weird way everything came out, the track listing, the inflated youtube views. It was bullshyt.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Rza always get involved with slim balls then these dudes get around rappers that are washed in America but can get some money overseas so he works out contract where the rapper think he’s eating good, but he/she only getting a fraction that they really suppose to make..

But too many of these guys still believe they can bring the 90s into 2024 and thats not happening

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
There are no real links, everything is in the Chino and Almighty80 IG stories right now.

We gotta talk about all the older rappers who are deliberately targeted by guys like this and fukked over. A lot of 80s/90s rappers are in debt, struggling, can't monetize their past success, signed bad deals 20+ years ago, etc. And then suddenly a white guy using big legal words alongside slang emerges while offering help...cash advances....temporary housing...legal help etc. All for a price of course, but when you're broke that shyt doesn't matter. You just want the cash. So these guys sign bullshyt contracts and get put to work. Often in Europe, where there's a far more lucrative circuit for hip hop legends to sell out touring venues. Meanwhile the manager is taking in most of the cash, and once the rapper dies...guess who has rights to the posthumous album plus multiple verses that have been saved specifically for this opportunity.

I hate that Rakim got into this shyt because unlike a lot of rappers he had options, and just chose this white dude. He got six figures from the Hip Hop Honors thing last year. Wouldn't be stunned if a lot of that has been siphoned to this fukker by now. @spliz what do you think, just curious.
The narrative you wrote is terrible and if I have to be honest for a veteran to fall for that would be their fault. A person who makes their living off a linguistic art form complaining that they got swindled by big words they didn't understand after being in the game for decades is stupid. No due diligence. We been hearing these stories since the 90's. There's artists out here managing themselves. 50 has a lot of wealth and no management just lawyers. It's when you want to be lazy and delegate duties that you won't learn to someone else that they exploit you. Black of white.

These rappers are struggling because they didn't plan for the future. Chino never sold albums or was major. He was doing small albums deals he could have done on his own. He was touring still. What did he need a cac to come in and swindled him for? When someone like 50 ain't using a manager with much more wealth to manage. Chino didn't have past success to monetize. He has notoriety and respect for his skillet that's why he tours. But there was no career to look back on. Rakim.also refused to deliver on the opportunity Dr. Dre gave him. A Black man, that was his last major label situation.

Let's start being honest about the whole picture. If you been in a game 30+ years and a new dude come with the same old tricks and you bite that on YOU. And this isn't a defence of M-80. We have to stop taking this woe is me Black people are too ignorant to see white predatory business coming at them. Ignorance is a choice. How many generations you want to tell that same story. Like white people wr inherently smarter... Nah

Crumple

All Star
Daps
Seeing these M80 instagram stories is wild.

The family is grieving so is he, but he's trying to handle business. And he has a good track record of releasing albums. I think he's very passionate about the album which is dropping soon in full unedited with more tracks than the e.p and including the e.p so it's an album.

He set a gofund me - all going to the family - they shut it down. He made merch, the family said it's unofficial.

He supposedly owns the master's.

It's chaos, but he said he wants to make certain it's Chino's highest charting album.

Then on Chino's side I don't know who's running it and if they themselves can even release it business wise.

Then it seems like he's giving all the profits to the fam and handing back the master to the fam.

But it also seems like he may take a cut for the money he invested in the album.

On another note, he's suing Fat Beats for supposedly not paying a cent to Cappadonna for his last album and they want 100 gees.

To sue fatbeats is wild. I never heard of them shafting ppl.

I don't know what or who to believe. If M80's conscience is in the right place cool.

But at the same token this is so close to Chino's death.

It does come off as starting drama during a mourning process.

But also - what if the album gets released edited? Or different beats to what Chino rhymed over?

I'd like to hear this album as Chino only created it.

See the posts. I'm just hoping for a win/win for all involved

straightcash

All Star
Daps
Seeing these M80 instagram stories is wild.

The family is grieving so is he, but he's trying to handle business. And he has a good track record of releasing albums. I think he's very passionate about the album which is dropping soon in full unedited with more tracks than the e.p and including the e.p so it's an album.

He set a gofund me - all going to the family - they shut it down. He made merch, the family said it's unofficial.

He supposedly owns the master's.
It's chaos, but he said he wants to make certain it's Chino's highest charting album.

Then on Chino's side I don't know who's running it and if they themselves can even release it business wise.

Then it seems like he's giving all the profits to the fam and handing back the master to the fam.
But it also seems like he may take a cut for the money he invested in the album.

I don't know what or who to believe. If M80's conscience is in the right place cool.

But at the same token this is so close to Chino's death.
It does come off as starting drama during a mourning process.

But also - what if the album gets released edited? Or different beats to what Chino rhymed over?

I'd like to hear this album as Chino only created it.
See the posts. I'm just hoping for a win/win for all involved

I don't know who's right and who's wrong, but if the family don't want his help then he should probably stay away from it.
If he legally has the right to release Chino XL music then just stick to that going forward. Let the courts handle the rest.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
I don't know who's right and who's wrong, but if the family don't want his help then he should probably stay away from it.
If he legally has the right to release Chino XL music then just stick to that going forward. Let the courts handle the rest.

Very, very well put. I agree with you. Respect!