Childish Gambino is corny as **** but this video..

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

took me 3 play throughs before i understood the concept of the video :ohhh:

Last edited by a moderator:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yo break it down for me bruh. I've only seen the video once and I was like :wtf:

gambino is the ghost of a camp worker who was presumably hung by a racist w/a knife and noose. (maybe in the civil rights era, im reaching) now everytime they tell his story around a camp fire, his ghost appears but they can't see him

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Never been a fan either but that's dope. There's a good description here:

Meaning for this video: Its a metaphor for rappers who keep talking about the same old shyt, acting like they're so amazing, but have very little quality to back it up. All the girls go for the "fake story teller" telling the same ghost story over and over and buy the "fake murderer ghost" as being real too. Gambino, the real ghost, tries to warn them thinking the fake-muderer is the real thing at first, but the girls can't hear or see him. Gambino realizes they're joking but to him its real.

Might have to check the album now.

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound

Meaning for this video: Its a metaphor for rappers who keep talking about the same old shyt, acting like they're so amazing, but have very little quality to back it up. All the girls go for the "fake story teller" telling the same ghost story over and over and buy the "fake murderer ghost" as being real too. Gambino, the real ghost, tries to warn them thinking the fake-muderer is the real thing at first, but the girls can't hear or see him. Gambino realizes they're joking but to him its real.

:shaq2:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

:rudy:

OGJOHNNY5

Sober Poster
Daps
Reppin
*Sohh ICEY* VA -- 757/804/703

:comeon: @ that, as if he speaks on anything particularly ground breaking or new.

his music is :trash:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
There was a thread on :flabbynsick:.com that broke down the video which was good.

Childish Gambino is corny as shyt but...

:pachaha: @ this being the start of every gambino related thread/post.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There was a thread on :flabbynsick:.com that broke down the video which was good.

:pachaha: @ this being the start of every gambino related thread/post.

and i didn't even see the other thread until just now :snoop:

that's just how i feel about gambino. he's corny but every now and then i'll hear something from him that's :gladbron: