Chicago Sky Sit Angel Reese For The Rest Of The Season In An Effort To Tank For A Top 3 Pick

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
:beli:

So you just skipped over this whole tweet huh?

What does this have to do with what I posted? The coach prioritizing her, especially at the end of games, rubbed others the wrong way. I saw in games where it’s over, Reese is demanding the ball to get another meaningless double double and players shrugging her off

Daps
What does this have to do with what I posted? The coach prioritizing her, especially at the end of games, rubbed others the wrong way. I saw in games where it’s over, Reese is demanding the ball to get another meaningless double double and players shrugging her off
:comeon:I actually watched the games and that was not the issue. So I ask you this, who are the 4 best players on that Chicago Sky team?

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
u saw one clip at the end of the liberty game where her streak came to an end and drew a conclusion for how the whole season went and/or are parroting corny lazy rhetoric by dedicated reese haters on twitter who dont really watch the games but need to push agendas

"prioritizing angel" please explain who on that sky team had their production minimized due to angel's presence and wouldve otherwise played better without her

marina mabrey was the 1st option when she was there(and no she didnt request a trade because of angel she wanted to contend for a championship and is now doing that as a role player on a contender)

chennedy had no issue coming off the bench and working her way up to becoming a starter and 1st option with angel there

kamilla's touches didn't change even after angel went down with an injury because the issue was never angel

Daps
u saw one clip at the end of the liberty game where her streak came to an end and drew a conclusion for how the whole season went and/or are parroting corny lazy rhetoric by dedicated reese haters on twitter who dont really watch the games but need to push agendas.
Folks don't watch any of the actual games and just be on here saying sh--t.

Looking at how the season went (imo) there were a few obvious issues. The first being the Sky as currently constructed are a bad team. I was thinking about who the four best players for the Sky, over the course of this season were. The first three are easy (Reese, Carter, Cardosa) all young players two being rookies. Ok then over the course of the season who was the fourth best player? I would make the argument it was Lindsey Allen (a non shooter who wouldn't get minutes on a serious playoff team).

I think Weatherspoon was put in a bad position from a roster standpoint. But based on the players they had their playing style and rotations didn't make a whole lot of sense. It looked like Weatherspoon (a former guard) wanted more of a perimeter guard oriented style of play, the problem being (outside of Carter) their guards were just bad.

You have two interior bigs and a great guard who is a Tony Parker type paint scorer. If you are going to build around those players the rooster and play style will need to change to maximize their talent.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Folks don't watch any of the actual games and just be on here saying sh--t.

Looking at how the season went (imo) there were a few obvious issues. The first being the Sky as currently constructed are a bad team. I was thinking about who the four best players for the Sky, over the course of this season were. The first three are easy (Reese, Carter, Cardosa) all young players two being rookies. Ok then over the course of the season who was the fourth best player? I would make the argument it was Lindsey Allen (a non shooter who wouldn't get minutes on a serious playoff team).

I think Weatherspoon was put in a bad position from a roster standpoint. But based on the players they had their playing style and rotations didn't make a whole lot of sense. It looked like Weatherspoon (a former guard) wanted more of a perimeter guard oriented style of play, the problem being (outside of Carter) their guards were just bad.

You have two interior bigs and a great guard who is a Tony Parker type paint scorer. If you are going to build around those players the rooster and play style will need to change to maximize their talent.
You mean of the current players? Mabrey was a top 3 player on the team before she got traded.

Daps
You mean of the current players? Mabrey was a top 3 player on the team before she got traded.
Yup. Current group over the course of the season. Marbrey is a high quality reserve complementary piece (at best) so if she is your third best player you still have a problem. I remember when they made Allen a starter initial because their offense running through Marbrey was poo and they looked kinda competent when they had Allen running point. Although I did not like Marbrey I was in favor of them keeping Marbrey and ditching Evans (i know Marbrey wanted to leave). The Sky were literally a worse team whenever Evans was on the floor.

Last edited: