Chicago sinkhole swallows three cars

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
mXZiMgj.jpg

A sinkhole swallowed three cars on the southeast side of Chicago on Thursday, injuring one person.

The injured driver has been upgraded to good condition with minor head injuries after being pulled from the hole and taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago Police Department spokesman Michael Sullivan told the Chicago Tribune.

Witnesses said a man was injured after the sinkhole expanded when he was trying to drive around it, leading his vehicle to fall in, according to the Tribune.

Ola Oni told the Tribune that she was about to leave for work when she watched her vehicle fall in to the hole. She said she feels lucky that she avoided injury.

"It could have happened to me, I am luck, I'm happy," said Oni. "In this kind of neighborhood I don't think this should happen."

The fire department responded to the sinkhole, located at 9600 South Houston Ave., around 5:30 a.m. CT. At that time, two cars had slid into the sinkhole. A third car fell into the hole after crews arrived.

Heavy rain and flooding in the Chicago area could have exacerbated a water main break that contributed to the large sinkhole.

Giant sinkhole swallows cars on Chicago's South Side | Video | abc7chicago.com

:bryan:

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
There are thousands of sinkholes everyday across the country. And this one is anymore important for what reason?

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
It rained hard as fukk all day yesterday.I'm talkin bout pouring rain.A lot of houses flooded