Cheaper alternatives to Galaxy and Iphones

D.C Young

TMC
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been hearing about huawei, I heard its basically a cheap knock off of Galaxy. Is that true?

Any other ones out there.

P.S I'm a simply dude, I dont make many phone calls...I mainly use that shyt for texting and for watching videos online...that's pretty much it

Last edited:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If you don't expect it to be iPhone / galaxy the honor phones are pretty good I have a honor 6x, no issues with it although I did recently upgrade to the Moto Moto Z2 Force Edition but that's only cause it was a fire sale

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Xiaomi Mi A2, Huawei and the ASUS Zenphones.

Make sure the phone is Android One as that gets updates. If you don't care about having the latest version of Android strongly consider the LG G5 unlocked. You can get them damn near mint condition for under $100

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I've been hearing about huawei, I heard its basically a cheap knock off of Galaxy. Is that true?

P.S I'm a simply dude, I dont make many phone calls...I mainly use that shyt for texting and for watching videos online...that's pretty much it
The only reason you need to spend more than $200 is for a great camera imo. Here is a recently reviewed phone that is currently discounted to $100

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca

you sound like me. I have a galaxy note 4 and im still trying to figure out WHY do I need a phone lol. I work for comcast so I get internet at the house free

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The only reason you need to spend more than $200 is for a great camera imo. Here is a recently reviewed phone that is currently discounted to $100

Bought. I needed a new phone. My LG Stylo 3 Plus's USB port crapped out and I don't feel like soldering a new usb port and I don't have warranty on it from the carrier. This phone looks perfect for me. Just copped.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

Outside of the priced choices people have said, all the other options like the 6plus still cost 4/500 dollars.

Now iPhone just dropped the 10 right, but am iPhone 7 can be had for what, $200? My girl recently broke her phone, did the Facebook Craigslist thing and found an iPhone 7 for $150. Works flawlessly, blah blah blah. Or, pay $150 for a new likely less capable phone. Good luck, I'm in the market for a new phone and can't decide either. I wanna hey the free phones from the t mobile deal but i only need 2 lines (not four :damn:)

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Bought. I needed a new phone. My LG Stylo 3 Plus's USB port crapped out and I don't feel like soldering a new usb port and I don't have warranty on it from the carrier. This phone looks perfect for me. Just copped.
Was it $100? I'm looking for it

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Was it $100? I'm looking for it
It's $129 on Amazon. Comes out to $138 after taxes. Mines is coming in tomorrow. I don't care for all the fancy stuff these 800 dollar phones do. I only browse the web, listen to music and talk/text on my phone. If I need to take HQ photos I have a DSLR camera at home i can borrow from my brother along with set lights.

Edit:To avoid that USB port going out crap I'm thinking of getting one of those Qi wireless chargers and keep that on the phone so I rarely have to keep plugging/unplugging things into it.(USB)

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
It's $129 on Amazon. Comes out to $138 after taxes. Mines is coming in tomorrow. I don't care for all the fancy stuff these 800 dollar phones do. I only browse the web, listen to music and talk/text on my phone. If I need to take HQ photos I have a DSLR camera at home i can borrow from my brother along with set lights.

Edit:To avoid that USB port going out crap I'm thinking of getting one of those Qi wireless chargers and keep that on the phone so I rarely have to keep plugging/unplugging things into it.(USB)
At $129 I think an LG G5 is a better buy personally, but brand new this is hard to argue. Looks nice.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

One plus 6t is what you're looking for.

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
I got a Motorola Z2 Force. 300 quid. Best Phone I've ever owned.
549825-z2-force-vs-play.jpg