Charles Barkley: TNT still wants to continue Inside the NBA after the TV contract ends

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

2:10

- "We are already going to do the show this upcoming year no matter what. But they are saying they want to keep doing the show a year after that"
- "I'm sitting in this meeting in Philly, and they are saying they want to keep the show, and keep ya'll together"
- "We won't have basketball, but I guess we are going to have to pay for highlights!"

I been saying this. They can still have the show, just as a Post-Game show. But paying for NBA Highlights to show them on the show would be 100x cheaper than paying for NBA game rights year after year. And they can still interview NBA stars/coaches like they always do. Millions will still tune in to watch

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
A huge part of the shows charm was the ability to organically create viral moments that thrived on social media. They don't inherently need to air games to do that. shyt, I'd argue a decent percentage of their fanbase wasn't really watching games anyway. Charles wasn't :manny:

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Of course he does....He needs his gambling money

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

2:10

- "We are already going to do the show this upcoming year no matter what. But they are saying they want to keep doing the show a year after that"
- "I'm sitting in this meeting in Philly, and they are saying they want to keep the show, and keep ya'll together"
- "We won't have basketball, but I guess we are going to have to pay for highlights!"

I been saying this. They can still have the show, just as a Post-Game show. But paying for NBA Highlights to show them on the show would be 100x cheaper than paying for NBA game rights year after year. And they can still interview NBA stars/coaches like they always do. Millions will still tune in to watch

Why would the NBA want 2 postgame shows competing against each other? I don’t think the league wants everyone turning off Amazon once the game is over if they’re tryna run their own postgame.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Why would the NBA want 2 postgame shows competing against each other? I don’t think the league wants everyone turning off Amazon once the game is over if they’re tryna run their own postgame.

What other postgame, who would they be competing with currently? ESPN never has postgames until like the 2nd round of the playoffs, and even then it's like 8 minutes lol
The only competition they have is to see what CBS/Peacock will do as far as postgames

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
What other postgame, who would they be competing with currently? ESPN never has postgames until like the 2nd round of the playoffs, and even then it's like 8 minutes lol
The only competition they have is to see what CBS/Peacock will do as far as postgames
Amazon's if they're doing it on the same night. I'm assuming they wouldn't alter the schedule to do anything other than Tuesday or Thursday anyway.

After everything changes, ESPN only gets one night. Peacock's gonna have their own. Amazon's gonna have their own. Inside the NBA ain't happening on the weekend. Unless they're gonna come on after ESPN's 2nd game every Wed night/Thurs morning, they'll be up against something new that the NBA wants to see work.
You think the NBA wouldn't take money from both.
They definitely would. This will probably happen
No which is why we're here now.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
The league wants more coverage of their game not less and they know the production quality and entertainment value of Inside would be A+. I could see this happening (not saying it will) but I think it could happen.

The fact they’re talking about it means it’s possible