Cate Blanchett will win Best Actress this year, the race is over

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I don't particularly care what else comes out this year, Blanchett in 'Blue Jasmine' is unreal. Best female performance since....well, since Cate Blanchett in 'The Aviator' :heh:

She takes what Jennifer Lawrence did with an unstable character in last year's 'Silver Linings Playbook' and ratchets everything up by a factor of 10.

Might be one of my favorite Woody Allen movies also. It's no Annie Hall or Crimes and Misdemeanors, but among his recent works the only one I like better is Midnight In Paris. Dice Clay is also pretty great in this.

:manny:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I don't particularly care what else comes out this year, Blanchett in 'Blue Jasmine' is unreal. Best female performance since....well, since Cate Blanchett in 'The Aviator' :heh:

She takes what Jennifer Lawrence did with an unstable character in last year's 'Silver Linings Playbook' and ratchets everything up by a factor of 10.

Might be one of my favorite Woody Allen movies also. It's no Annie Hall or Crimes and Misdemeanors, but among his recent works the only one I like better is Midnight In Paris. Dice Clay is also pretty great in this.

:manny:

Cosign, She was amazing. My wife dragged me to this so I wasn't expecting much but Cate was incredible. I should have known not to discount Woody. He's been putting out great stuff lately. I love "Midnight in Paris" with Owen Wilson. Alec Baldwin and yes, Dice Clay should get supporting nominations also...

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cate Blanchett has one of the GOAT bone structures :wow:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Saw this today, the movie was alright but Cate was incredible, she stood miles above the supporting cast and most of them were great as well.