Carolina/Barbados panel: Emancipation and the Gullah Geechee Corridor

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
@ roughly 1 hr 7 min mark of the OP, but excerpted here

Person in the chat asked about common last names shared between South Carolinians and Bajans

The name that stood out for sports reasons is Middleton, as in Kris Middleton from the recent NBA Finals. Looked it up, and yes.....he was born right in Charleston, SC.

Brathwaite is Fab Five Freddy's last name, and his paternal roots are Barbados.

Last edited:

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
@ roughly 1 hr 7 min mark

Person in the chat asked about common last names shared between South Carolinians and Bajans

The name that stood out for sports reasons is Middleton, as in Kris Middleton from the recent NBA Finals. Looked it up, and yes.....he was born right in Charleston, SC.

Brathwaite is Fab Five Freddy's last name, and his paternal roots are Barbados.

Good shyt, I’m tryna head down that way sometime next year to check it out, plus do some research if possible. Drayton is a family name of mine that I traced back to South Carolina, so first thing first is to connect the dots on that. Now if it could go even further to Barbados that would be pretty cool too.
:ehh:

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Good shyt, I’m tryna head down that way sometime next year to check it out, plus do some research if possible. Drayton is a family name of mine that I traced back to South Carolina, so first thing first is to connect the dots on that. Now if it could go even further to Barbados that would be pretty cool too.
:ehh:
Thanks.
I know Drayton, Hairston, Simms, and Sanders families from South Carolina