Career crisis update: So, my old gig is going to call and offer my old job back

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I don't care that it pays less, brehs, I just need that old thing back :takedat:

And if I leave now I won't have this gap in my resume :smugfavre:

Put in another 2 years there and then find a new gig in a different field that's actually paying something worthwhile :obama:

this new job got me waking up every day like :noah:

I just wanna sleep forever :dead:

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
What the hell is so bad with your new job that you'd turn down more money to go back? How big is the pay differential?

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you go back to your old job w/o even TRYING to negotiate a better rate, you are fukking up, plain and simple.

That's the WHOLE REASON people go back to their old jobs. You don't have to act stingy, but just ask for a 5-10% increase over what you were previously making.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
What the hell is so bad with your new job that you'd turn down more money to go back? How big is the pay differential?

It's only $140 more every 2 weeks (before taxes)...and the workload has doubled and the commute to work is 30 minutes each way, and I don't have health insurance, and I'm living on a friend's couch, and I work night shift all the damn time :noah:

Why did I give up my easy 10:30-5 p.m.s, sometimes 1-9s for this :noah:

Fock it, we outta chea :takedat:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I write for a newspaper...and I don't even want to stay in this unsecure ass field anymore

I'm tryna do something else by the time I'm 26, this shyt aint for me anymore.

Daps
Reppin
California
save up money and try to hustle one way or another while your working at your shytty job just until u find a better opportunity.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
save up money and try to hustle one way or another while your working at your shytty job just until u find a better opportunity.

i know, I was thinking about going back to old old gig in Maryland and doing just that...I just dont know what I want to do though, breh :manny:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
It's only $140 more every 2 weeks (before taxes)...and the workload has doubled and the commute to work is 30 minutes each way, and I don't have health insurance, and I'm living on a friend's couch, and I work night shift all the damn time :noah:

Why did I give up my easy 10:30-5 p.m.s, sometimes 1-9s for this :noah:

Fock it, we outta chea :takedat:
$140 more in gross earnings every 2 weeks adds up.
I would recommend that you maintain a positive attitude and put the net difference that you earn into a separate bank account just for saving. You won't realize the impact of "getting rich slowly" until you see your savings grow.

What do you do work-wise?

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
$140 more in gross earnings every 2 weeks adds up.
I would recommend that you maintain a positive attitude and put the net difference that you earn into a separate bank account just for saving. You won't realize the impact of "getting rich slowly" until you see your savings grow.

What do you do work-wise?

can't save with these debts :to:

And I write for a newspaper.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I was in a similar situation except I dont hate my new job. fukk going back, I work jobs to make money. not to have fun.

YEah, but after gas and rent, my pay gonna average out the same breh :manny:

So why force myself to do work I aint feeling, when I could make slightly less and have less responsibilities with better hours :smugfavre: