Capcom Fighting Collection 2, including Capcom VS SNK 1&2, Project Justice, Power Stone, & more! [2025 - PS4, Switch, PC]

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
These articles make it sound like it's a problem on Microsoft's end. They're saying that microsoft hasn't updated their old game engine and it's making it more difficult and expensive to port games built using that engine.
The MT framework “game engine” is made by capcom. They would have to put money into upgrading it for current gen machines.

Regardless of who’s “fault” it is capcom doesn’t see the investment worth it right now.

Microsoft gone have to put up the resources to make the it happen if they want these old capcom ports on their hardware.

The games will probably end up in gamepass at some point in which case sony stan’s will revert back to saying “don’t nobody wanna play old ass games” :manny:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
The MT framework “game engine” is made by capcom. They would have to put money into upgrading it for current gen machines.

Regardless of who’s “fault” it is capcom doesn’t see the investment worth it right now.

Microsoft gone have to put up the resources to make the it happen if they want these old capcom ports on their hardware.

The games will probably end up in gamepass at some point in which case sony stan’s will revert back to saying “don’t nobody wanna play old ass games” :manny:
Well in my case, I have a ton of Xbox 1 fighting games bought digital that work on XSX, from multiple KOF, sf4, Tekken 7, street fighter collection, Capcom arcade collection, others...a full catalog (not even including other snk games like metal slug, and having a great arcade stick)...and with knowing Tekken 8 and sf6 were going to Xbox x, it made sense to add to that library. This is very disappointing, especially Capcom vs snk 2. I have a working Xbox with CvS2eo that I might fire back up...

I wanna play old ass games.

This issue between Capcom and Xbox needs to get resolved.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Well in my case, I have a ton of Xbox 1 fighting games bought digital from multiple KOF, sf4, Tekken 7, street fighter collection, Capcom arcade collection, others...a full catalog (not even including other snk games like metal slug, and having a great arcade stick)...and with knowing Tekken 8 and sf6 were going to Xbox x, it made sense to add to that library. This is very disappointing, especially Capcom vs snk 2. I have a working Xbox with CvS2eo that I might fire back up...

I wanna play old ass games.

This issue between Capcom and Xbox needs to get resolved.
I think it will. Especially if the game sells well. :ehh:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Yeah I expect this to happen, a Xbox and Gamepass release simultaneously at some point next year

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
I always heard Street Fighter Alpha 2 was the best, preferred and most complete game in the series instead of Alpha 3 :patrice:
I'm gonna keep it 1000% OG FGC folks had no execution like that in the street fighter games, which is why they liked the games where you could kinda freeform it, be all footsies/button punishes or do easy mode shyt like activate- low forward, tatsu then dp until you run out of meter. If dudes could do crouch cancel infinites and shyt consistently they would still play it like that japan dudes. However, Marvel heads and Tekken heads were a different player base in the FGC IFYKYK :mjpls: .

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London

Nah bruv. I bought them Capcom Classic Collections. Does DMC4 work on the new series consoles? If it does, that is very telling.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I need this I already own the other 2 Capcom fighting collections :blessed:

Next they need to get that license for AVP and drop that in a collection

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nah bruv. I bought them Capcom Classic Collections. Does DMC4 work on the new series consoles? If it does, that is very telling.
Devil may cry?? Yes

Only these old ports are left out cause they are basically running on an emulator engine.

simply put, the emulator has not been upgraded for next gen systems.

It works on PS4 therefore the games come to PS5

Capcom would have to put in extra work for native next gen versions of these games.

Seems they are doing it now with the help of microsoft.