Can we talk about this browser Brave? Fast than Chrome, earn points/cash based on your personal ads.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Our Goal with Brave

Yesterday, we launched the 1.0 version of our privacy web browser, Brave. Brave is an open source browser that blocks all 3rd-party ads, trackers, fingerprinting, and cryptomining; upgrades your connections to secure HTTPS; and offers truly Private “Incognito” Windows with Tor—right out of the box. By blocking all ads and trackers at the native level, Brave is up to 3-6x faster than other browsers on page loads, uses up to 3x less data than Chrome or Firefox, and helps you extend battery life up to 2.5x.

However, the Internet as we know it faces a dilemma. We realize that publishers and content creators often rely on advertising revenue in order to produce the content we love. The problem is that most online advertising relies on tracking and data collection in order to target users, without their consent. This enables malware distribution, ad fraud, and social/political troll warfare. To solve this dilemma, we came up with a solution called Brave Rewards, which is now available on all platforms, including iOS.

Brave Rewards is entirely opt-in, and the idea is simple: if you choose to see privacy-respecting ads that you can control and turn off at any time, you earn 70% of the ad revenue. Your earnings, denominated in “Basic Attention Tokens” (BAT), accrue in a built-in browser wallet which you can then use to tip and support your favorite creators, spread among all your sites and channels, redeem for products, or exchange for cash. For example, when you navigate to a website, watch a YouTube video, or read a Reddit comment you like, you can tip them with a simple click. What’s amazing is that over 316,000 websites, YouTubers, etc. have already signed up, including major sites like Wikipedia, The Guardian, The Washington Post, Khan Academy and even NPR.org. You can too.

In the future, websites will also be able to run their own privacy-respecting ads that you can opt into, which will give them 70% of the revenue, and you—their audience—a 15% share (we always pay the ad slot owner 70%, and we always pay you the user at least what we get). They’re privacy-respecting because Brave moves all the interest-matching onto your device and into the browser client side, so your data never leaves your device in the first place. Period. All confirmations use an anonymous and unlinkable blind-signature cryptographic protocol. This flipping-the-script approach to keep all detailed intelligence and identity where your data originates, in your browser, is the key to ending personal data collection and surveillance capitalism once and for all.

Brave is available on both desktop (Windows PC, MacOS, Linux) and on mobile (Android, iOS), and our pre-1.0 browser has already reached over 8.7 million monthly active users—something we’re very proud of. We hope you try Brave and join this growing movement for the future of the Web. Ask us anything! ,

I've been using it for the past hour and yes it's faster. It has synchronization for passwords. If it keeps up I may have to switch permanently.

I'm on Android btw.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I'm liking it so far. Might just be good enough for me to finally ditch chrome for the most part.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Let's talk the check they cutting fukk the speed

Brave 1.0 browser review: Browse faster and safer while ticking off advertisers

According to Brave, a typical user earns around $5 a month, but that this figure will vary based on region and "other factors." When CNET test-drove Brave's BAT feature earlier this year, the end total in our reporter's account after a good bout of tooling around was around $27, though not all of that was from viewing ads.

Ideally BAT takes off after this and the accumulated money increases in value.

The idea that your personal data is property and you should be compensated of you're targeted by ads. This could facilitate that.

Thecoli could sign up for tips can tip the site.

After a few days of using it I'm at 1 bat ($0.25). My breakdown says I've been sent 20 ads. So a little over 1 cent an ad.

I look at it as I was getting annoying ads and wasn't getting paid anything before.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Ideally BAT takes off after this and the accumulated money increases in value.

The idea that your personal data is property and you should be compensated of you're targeted by ads. This could facilitate that.

Thecoli could sign up for tips can tip the site.

After a few days of using it I'm at 1 bat ($0.25). My breakdown says I've been sent 20 ads. So a little over 1 cent an ad.

I look at it as I was getting annoying ads and wasn't getting paid anything before.

I've only had it for two days and I'm already at $5.50 :lupe:

Is this actually money we may cash out on? It seems like I'm reading that our earnings can only be redistributed to other websites rather than our own accounts.