Can we talk about the scene in Children of Men (spoilers ahead)

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans

such a powerful scene

9aocv7.jpg

Depreciating Asset

Please pawg responsibly
Daps
Reppin
Other
Yeah that was crazy. You can't forget that scene. It's etched into your brain until the reaper comes calling. It's like the world stopped for a second, recognized how selfish and stupid they were and paused to appreciate what really mattered.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Yeah that was crazy. You can't forget that scene. It's etched into your brain until the reaper comes calling. It's like the world stopped for a second, recognized how selfish and stupid they were and paused to appreciate what really mattered.

I know. Might sound corny or whatever, but it's one of the "deepest" scenes I've ever seen. It tells a whole story on its own.

The fukked up thing, and the video I posted cuts out early, is that they go back to shooting at each other.

It's this one moment of utter hope and peace in the middle of situation that doesn't warrant either.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Its double dope when you realize that from the point where they are saved from the dude with dreads to the end of the film there are virtually NO cuts...its a directorial masterpiece far as im concerned. A personal favorite as well.

The entire movie is a masterpiece, in all facets in my opinion. This line:

As the sound of the playgrounds faded, the despair set in. Very odd, what happens in a world without children's voices.

I always think of that from time to time, especially when I take my little one to the playground and hear the children laughing and having fun. It made me appreciate it even more when I hear that sound.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
One of my favorite films of all time. A top 5 sci-fi film imo, one of the best filmed movies of all time. Smoking a joint, pumping up the subwoofer and playing this joint on blu-ray is pure :blessed: status. Clive Owen was fukking great in this. When Michael Caine dies brehs :sadbron: god damn man. I cannot wait for his new film Gravity. Ohhh fukk! I just found out Lubezki did the cinematography :krs: that explains A LOT. It always made me sad that Cuaron didn't get to direct another Harry Potter film. His Goblet of Fire would've been :whew: status.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's weird because I watched it with wifey when it first came out and we both cracked up laughing at the CG baby cause we thought that shyt was so obvious but later I had so many people tell me they thought it was a real baby. Between that and the car chase scene it was almost like everything was too orchestrated that it distracted me from getting drawn in, almost like all these extremely well shot pieces just kept reminding me that I was simply watching a movie and that it was not real.