Can We Talk About The Opening Pile-up Scene To Final Destination 2

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
We're watching this classic right now, the last good movie in the franchise to me. This scene was fukking crazy :heh:
Everybody driving on that highway was on some scumbag shyt.

The main character and her crew were smoking weed with a state trooper behind them.
One of the other characters was snorting coke while driving while bumping Nas.
Another broad was smoking a joint while on the phone.
A school bus full of football players were chanting "pile-up".
A woman on the back of a motorcycle flashed her t*ts to the main cast.
And some cac kid was in the front seat playing with his toy cars and pretending to wreck them.

Then all hell starts popping off. Every time I see one of these, I get the fukk over in the other lane because I was fukking traumatized as a kid. :dead:

Logging-Truck.jpg

Seeing them big ass logs come through that nikka windshield and smash his head in:sadcam:

The lil cac that won the lottery and his house caught on fire, so he escaped out the window and fell and the fire escape ladder impaled his eye socket :damn:

I always applauded this franchise for the creative ways they showed death. They'll set up a scene where you could see the character fukking up with multiple ways of being killed but it never happened like you thought it would. That shyt would catch you off guard. The early 2000's was wild .

Daps
We're watching this classic right now, the last good movie in the franchise to me. This scene was fukking crazy :heh:
Everybody driving on that highway was on some scumbag shyt.

The main character and her crew were smoking weed with a state trooper behind them.
One of the other characters was snorting coke while driving while bumping Nas.
Another broad was smoking a joint while on the phone.
A school bus full of football players were chanting "pile-up".
A woman on the back of a motorcycle flashed her t*ts to the main cast.
And some cac kid was in the front seat playing with his toy cars and pretending to wreck them.

Then all hell starts popping off. Every time I see one of these, I get the fukk over in the other lane because I was fukking traumatized as a kid. :dead:

Logging-Truck.jpg

Seeing them big ass logs come through that nikka windshield and smash his head in:sadcam:

The lil cac that won the lottery and his house caught on fire, so he escaped out the window and fell and the fire escape ladder impaled his eye socket :damn:

I always applauded this franchise for the creative ways they showed death. They'll set up a scene where you could see the character fukking up with multiple ways of being killed but it never happened like you thought it would. That shyt would catch you off guard. The early 2000's was wild .

This scene traumatized me as a youngster too and I still move to the other lane even now when I'm behind a log truck.

What really traumatized me after this scene was my dad telling me after the movie was over that this actually happened to Stevie Wonder in the early 80s. A log came through the windshield and hit him in the head. He almost died. Was in a coma for a while.

Hathaway

Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
What really traumatized me after this scene was my dad telling me after the movie was over that this actually happened to Stevie Wonder in the early 80s. A log came through the windshield and hit him in the head. He almost died. Was in a coma for a while.
I heard about his accident but I never knew what happened :ohhh:
Think he was in a coma or some shyt too right?

Hathaway

Daps
Reppin
The Abyss

"As they approached the town of Salisbury at around 1:40 p.m., just ahead of them was 23 year old Charlie Shepherd in his 1948 Dodge flatbed farm truck. A sleeping Wonder was wearing headphones, and Harris, distracted by something, failed to notice the flatbed truck ahead of them.
There have since been conflicting accounts of the series of events that led to the injury of Stevie. One of the more popular reports that still pervade books and the internet was that a log came flying off the truck, crashed through the windshield of Wonder’s car and hit him on the head, sending him into a coma"​

:damn: