Can someone explain Airline miles to me, please

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just purchased a flight to Asia, and I thought, man, this would be the perfect time to start an airline miles program, but then I looked that United Airlines will be having some new mandatory spending limit in Jan. 2014 having something to do with airline miles.

Anyway, can somebody please give me a simple breakdown. I thought it was just about me buying flights and getting points for that that I could eventually use for a free flight or an upgrade. Other than purchasing the flights would there be any additional costs or chances of going into debt with these fools?

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just purchased a flight to Asia, and I thought, man, this would be the perfect time to start an airline miles program, but then I looked that United Airlines will be having some new mandatory spending limit in Jan. 2014 having something to do with airline miles.

Anyway, can somebody please give me a simple breakdown. I thought it was just about me buying flights and getting points for that that I could eventually use for a free flight or an upgrade. Other than purchasing the flights would there be any additional costs or chances of going into debt with these fools?

:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow: I have eaten so well off American Airlines it isnt funny.

in general you get miles for the distance of your trip. So say NYC to Japan is 6000 miles, then in theory you should get 12,000 miles per round trip. Throw in your credit card for that specific airline, then you will get miles by spending.

Each airline is different and I am just throwing general #'s out there. Say a trip is 25k from continental US to the Caribbean, then if you have those 25k miles, then thats a free ticket. Just pay the taxes and try to find a seat that is not in their blackout period :leostare: and feast.

You can also upgrade etc etc etc. If you travel a lot, are responsible with your credit card and spend a lot and you actually no what outside looks like out of your city :wtb: then it is :ohlawd::ohlawd:

but beware!!