Can one of you tech savvy dudes help me out...

Marci-Senpai

Prosperity, longevity and a sound mind.
Daps
Reppin
More Life, Truth & Accountability
alright, i got a wd 1 terabyte my passport external hard drive thats in a NTFS file system and im tryna get that shyt to work on my ps3 brehs...i heard ps3 only uses fat32 file systems but i tried formatting it and it still dnt work brehs

someone help ya boy out here plz :to:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
alright, i got a wd 1 terabyte my passport external hard drive thats in a NTFS file system and im tryna get that shyt to work on my ps3 brehs...i heard ps3 only uses fat32 file systems but i tried formatting it and it still dnt work brehs

You tried formatting it on your PC or on the PS3?

The PS3 will format it...

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
If you still want to or have to do it on the PC.

1 - Open up the command prompt "CMD"
2 - format /FS:FAT32 (Drive Letter): - So for example format /FS:FAT32 D:
3 - Press Enter

That's it

Marci-Senpai

Prosperity, longevity and a sound mind.
Daps
Reppin
More Life, Truth & Accountability
i was reading up and i think it isnt a problem with the file system..its that i think the ps3 dnt support usb 3.0 and the ps3 is not pushing enough power to the harddrive to power it.....and here i thought i was gonna :eat: good off this shyt :beli:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
i was reading up and i think it isnt a problem with the file system..its that i think the ps3 dnt support usb 3.0 and the ps3 is not pushing enough power to the harddrive to power it.....and here i thought i was gonna :eat: good off this shyt :beli:
I would imagine that if it does not have its own power supply then it probably won't be able to power it.

It's not backwards compatible with USB 2.0? I think all externals are

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
it doesnt :snoop:
:huhldup: Sorry breh

I am not sure if the PS3 can power up an external hard drive without its own dedicated power supply...I doubt it

You have a regular USB 2.0 Cord? Try that if you can.

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

USB_2head.jpg

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal

I bought one on Boxing Day I lost 600gb of movies because it stopped working I replaced it twice throw that shyt in the bushes