Can one of you nikkas convince me to buy an elite controller? :dahell:

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
shyts $150 :dahell:

However I average over 20 hours of gaming a week even as a grown ass man so I've wanted one ever since they first released years ago. I've also noticed the build quality of the standard controller has gone to shyt to try to force hardcore gamers such as myself to make that leap.

I always consult the coli for purchases I'm on the fence about, so what say you:patrice: I'm a cheap b*stard so a single controller for the price of three pisses me the fukk off but these standard controllers always go to shyt after about a year of heavy use. Anyone that has one, how do you like it? And where can I find a deal on these shyts because if I can find one for around $100 I'll pull the cotdamn trigger and not think twice.

Weather is about to break and I wanted to buy a MGP pipe for my bike. I refuse to buy both the controller and exhaust. I have to stop buying shyt :mjcry: help

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Got it on release day and have used it since with my PC. By far it’s the best controller I’ve ever had. Plus, it has paddles, if you’re so inclined.

Now, is it worth $150? I’m gonna say no. I jump back on a regular X1 controller, and it’s just fine. I forget that I’m even using a different controller (minus the paddles, which I rarely use anyway).

I’d say if you can find it for $100, it’s worth the plunge.

Edit: I just clicked the link in the post above me. $97 for refurbished. I guess if you get the same warranty time, pick that up

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I've had one since release. I can't go back. The paddles took a while to get used to, but it upped my FPS game significantly. Not having to move your right thumb off the stick as well as the speed of using all of your fingers is a real advantage. Setting the triggers to half pull saves my index fingers, too.

Last edited:

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
i'd say not. after a year the rubber grips will start peeling off. the moisture and oils from your hand will absorb into the material over time, and over time, it will no longer fit onto its housing and start peeling off. peeling is the wrong word it becomes actually too large to fit where it once could. you will need to glue it back into place while clipping the excess off and then buy an additional controller sleeve to cover it up for good. if you are not a gamer who plays the kind of games that stress you out and make your heart race and your palms sweat this may not happen to you from some time, but rest assured, it will happen to you after enough time.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
i'd say not. after a year the rubber grips will start peeling off. the moisture and oils from your hand will absorb into the material over time, and over time, it will no longer fit onto its housing and start peeling off. peeling is the wrong word it becomes actually too large to fit where it once could. you will need to glue it back into place while clipping the excess off and then buy an additional controller sleeve to cover it up for good. if you are not a gamer who plays the kind of games that stress you out and make your heart race and your palms sweat this may not happen to you from some time, but rest assured, it will happen to you after enough time.
I've experienced none of this. My hands stay warm, not real sweaty, though:patrice:

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
the other theory is that the heat from your hand causes the rubber to expand. if you play regularly, or for extended periods at a time, i would give you about 6 months to a year before your grips start peeling.

Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller Grips Falling Off

7d435c03-566e-4f23-8a06-c7803de80130

if you see it doing this its time to buy a controller sleeve. in that time though, you will have been playing on the highest quality controller money can buy.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
:patrice:not tryna pay a buck fiddy for some shyt that's going to deteriorate about as fast as the regular controller. Think ima pass cuz im not a fan of refurbished products either

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I've been trying to convince myself to get one too :patrice:. I don't game nearly as much as I used to though. I kind of want it for racing games, just so that paddle shifting is a little more natural - at least until I throw away a couple grand on a Fanatec setup.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:patrice:not tryna pay a buck fiddy for some shyt that's going to deteriorate about as fast as the regular controller. Think ima pass cuz im not a fan of refurbished products either
I'm not saying that people are lying, but I don't see how people are destroyin these things. I don't baby it, but I don't do anything rough either. The thing is a tank to me.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Nah. I’m not in high school anymore man. I don’t care about shyt like that anymore.
fukks that supposed to mean you herb :heh:

I got hardwood floors and drop my controller off the couch sometimes (few times a year) which fukks my controllers up to. If it happened to my $150 premium joint I'd be sick...