Can i output my HTPC from the Xbox one?

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
I'm sure ps4 can answer this question.

I have an htpc connected to my plasma and i know the xbox one has something where you connect your cablebox to overlay the xbox one UI with it. Theoretically can i do the same with my pc and even use kinnect to control the pc if i upgrade to windows 8?

How fukking awesome would that be...granted somehow it won't work that perfectly well i'm assuming but these are things that would really make it the ultimate living room experience like they set out to be honestly

Imagine controlling the windows 8 tiles with your hands

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

I have an htpc connected to my plasma and i know the xbox one has something where you connect your cablebox to overlay the xbox one UI with it. Theoretically can i do the same with my pc and even use kinnect to control the pc if i upgrade to windows 8?

How fukking awesome would that be...granted somehow it won't work that perfectly well i'm assuming but these are things that would really make it the ultimate living room experience like they set out to be honestly

you really trying to blow up your HTPC and Xbox one at the same time huh.

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok

Let me help you out freind. Yes you can hook your htpc in via hdmi. It will work with switching etc. The rest will depend it your htpc has ir remote capabilities or not. But the X1 will work as a hdmi passthrough.

you really trying to blow up your HTPC and Xbox one at the same time huh.

Stop hating!