Can I get receipts for this whisper flow Yall claim Jay stole from YC?

Vilhena

All Star
Daps
Can't remember the songs but here's some info for you.

Peedi recently spoke with Cosmic Kev on his hometown radio station Power 99, charging Jay with stealing songs, but when he spoke with XXL he wanted to clear up those statements. “I want to clarify that [Jay] doesn’t steal anyone’s songs,” he said, “he steals swag, ideas, concepts—whatever you want to call it… Jay doesn’t just straight-up jack you for a song. He’s just smooth with it. You ever listen to Young Chris rap and then go back and listen to Jay? You almost start to scratch your head. The old Jay-Z never rapped like that. That’s Young Gunners flow to the tee. There are actually people that don’t know that that [the whisper rap] was [Chris'] flow. I don’t understand why Jay don’t just say that he got the swag from the young bull.

“Jay has no swag of his own,” he continued. “He has no natural cool nikka style. But at the end of the day he has his own path to craft just like we all do and I’m all about making sure my path is full of positivity and creativity.”

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Jay has so many flows that every time he flex a new one, cats will look for who sounds the closest to him and swear he jacked it. Of course are inspired by other people and on but it'll never sound the same as anyone else. Except the YC flow he had on Gotta have it.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Yeah
Former Roc-A-Fella Records artist Young Chris has finally put an end to the debate on whether or not mentor Jay Z stole his flow over the past few years.

Chris said spending ample studio time with Jay during their Roc days likely influenced his sound.

It’s a blessing being mentioned in the same breath as Jay. Let’s start there. I ain’t going to take none of this for granted or be big-headed. Steel sharpens steel. We all in the studio, things rub off on each other, that’s just how it happened. I might have learned things from him, he might have learned things from me. You’re never too young. I got younger guys that I still learn from til this day, you know?” (Complex)

Back in 2010, Chris claimed he experienced a family-like bond amongst his Roc brothers during their prime.

It’s family, we all in the family,” he explained in an interview. “We work off each other’s vibes. That’s how some of our best, best records came out. You gotta think when we was in the studio at the time it’s pressure. Everybody that’s in there gets busy, from me to Peedi to muthaf*ckin’ Beansto Jay, Freeway, and it was like really a lyrical war in there. So when I say steel sharpens steel, I just mean we all fed off each other…Everybody got their own opinions and all that sh*t…You know I can’t get around it evidently right. I just tell people, quality and quantity, as long as I keep delivering, I’ma get past the comparisons. I think I’ll be alright out here.” (XXL Mag)

Ex-Roc rapper Peedi Crakkpreviously accused Jay of stealing Chris’ flow.

“I want to clarify that [Jay] doesn’t steal anyone’s songs,” he said, “He steals swag, ideas, concepts–whatever you want to call it…Jay doesn’t just straight-up jack you for a song. He’s just smooth with it. You ever listen to Young Chris rap and then go back and listen to Jay? You almost start to scratch your head. The old Jay-Z never rapped like that. That’s Young Gunners flow to the tee. There are actually people that don’t know that that [the whisper rap] was [Chris’] flow. I don’t understand why Jay don’t just say that he got the swag from the young bull…Jay has no swag of his own. He has no natural cool n*gga style. But at the end of the day he has his own path to craft just like we all do and I’m all about making sure my path is full of positivity and creativity.” (XXL Mag)

In the past, the Philadelphia native said Hov suggested he take a solo route for his career.

“It’s Now Or Never man, that’s the title of my new album,” Chris revealed in an interview. “One half of the Young Gunz, Young C. Nah, [Neef] ain’t quit, he ain’t quit, never that. Hov came to me with the idea, when we were working on Brothers From Another. He said after this one, do your solo joint so after we finishedBrothers From Another, I’ve basically been working on it.” (Choke No Joke)

Do you know someone who has a whip that could use some freshness? Got a diehard hip-hop family member or friend? Check out the top five reasons you should hook them up with a Hangin With The Homies air freshener today!

Are you into the night life? Show us by sending our SOHH Instagram a pic of you with the hashtag #sohhpix and look for your pic on our homepage!

Last edited:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Meanwhile, every rapper on Google Earth Nas was doing the Migos flow and not one of y'all nikkas was talking about cats "stealing" their flow:camby: Honestly, fukk outta here with the mere idea of "stealing" someone's flow. They can't use it anymore?:dahell:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Jay has so many flows that every time he flex a new one, cats will look for who sounds the closest to him and swear he jacked it. Of course are inspired by other people and on but it'll never sound the same as anyone else. Except the YC flow he had on Gotta have it.

What about Jay jacking Feelin it from Camp Lo...

And besides Jay admitted he steals flows on Hard Knock Life .... he said I stretched the game out, etched your name out and but Jogga on top ... that explains it all ... he finds your rhymes, erases written by xyz, then puts written by JAy-Z

you know I joking right

MrFettuccinnePockets

#TeamGuapele
Supporter
Daps
Examples?

Its the whole album bro.

He did it on 30 is the new 20 and lost ones on kingdom come too.

Basically after the "retirement" he came back dancing on beats like Young Chris

He rhymed all over American Gangster just like that nikka Young Chris :ohhh:

Thats where its blatant. Its all through that album. shyt still dope tho.

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy

What they gon do'
You got starch in your flow
I flow too many ways, got a arch in my flow
All sorts of flow, Rembrandt, Rilke
I am art with the flow
Even if I'm guilty, you gotta pardon the flow
nikkas taking me lightly, had to darken the flow
Way I put it together, tear'em apart with the flow
I'm too smart with the flow, you just started the flow
Stop it youngin, you 106th & Park with the flow
I am pro, as you see I'm off the charts with the flow
Actually I'm number one on the charts with the flow
In some places they say this, I am God with the flow
Like my office, but they're biased, too involved with the flow
(Oh no) I am the youth spirit, I am y'all with the flow
Troubled man, dare I say, I am Marv with the flow
I come up hard but I evolve with the flow
Crossover, slam dunk, Rucker Park with the flow

:wow::blessed::ohlawd::damn::smugbiden::banderas:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Jay-z usually has a "whisper flow"
when he's trying to show emotion on shyt like

I don't know how the fukk that could be compared to Young Chris though.

This dude has murked out all his songs from youtube :francis:, I own them all but I can't post them to make an argument :stopitslime:

Last edited: