Can Black people be villians in white thrillers anymore?

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
So I'm watching this show (which will remain nameless although I"m sure some know what I'm referring to) where this Black man is accused of killing a white woman. Now, I haven't finished it but I know the Black dude didn't do it. It's gonna end up being a white man. Now, if it is Black man who is the killer I will be shocked. I think these white writers will be afraid of making a Black person look like a criminal, murderer, rapist, (which of course we see ourselves news). But I don't think we will see this in Hollywood. In Black movies sure. But not a white film. Now, I could be wrong but I can't think of recent movies, tv shows where this has happen. To me, it just take away the mystery because of the unwritten rule.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
shyt gotta be realistic. One of the first things any nikka from a halfway decent household is taught is to mind ya business. That goes a long way, including stopping us from going on random killing sprees because of some dumb shyt.

Ain't nobody got time for all that, we too busy minding our business.

valet

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I don't believe people would have a conniption over a well-developed Black villain. A ball of outdated stereotypes and tropes? Sure.

Did people lose it over Octavia Spencer in Ma?
No they didn't in Ma.
But a whodunit film, I haven't seen it in a long time.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats everyday for me
right :russ: it like every other day there some news story or TRL threads:mjpls: of how the scary black men is hurting innocent white/women/ person of color for example stop Asian hate :mjpls: I get enough of those story's in real life not trying to watch fiction version of those tropes.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
They getting there slowly , I mean it ain't thrillers but the last last 3 Marvel "villains" been been Black and Mexican. :manny:

We already get profiled and blamed for shyt we didn't do and ya'll want more portrayals of us as killers :merchant:

valet

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
They getting there slowly , I mean it ain't thrillers but the last last 3 Marvel "villains" been been Black and Mexican. :manny:

We already get profiled and blamed for shyt we didn't do and ya'll want more portrayals of us as killers :merchant:
Nope just don't put a token blk in there. You know they didn't do it

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
giphy.gif