Can anyone recommend the best home workout equipment?

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I used to go to gym regularly until about 2 years ago when I cancelled my membership.

I’m about to have my 2nd kid and turn 40 and am probably done with the gym for good :flabbynsick:

I want some stuff to workout in my new house I’m about to buy though. Got some dumbbells but that’s it.

What about bowflex? That still worth buying? Any similar competing products?

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
dog...working out is about finding things that you will actually do for the rest of your life.

What do you enjoy?

For example, I like lifting weights and cycling...so if I had a house i would get a squat rack and stationary bike.

You should figure out what you enjoy before spending money...otherwise you will be just like everyone else in this country with dusty workout equipment in their garage.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
dog...working out is about finding things that you will actually do for the rest of your life.

What do you enjoy?

For example, I like lifting weights and cycling...so if I had a house i would get a squat rack and stationary bike.

You should figure out what you enjoy before spending money...otherwise you will be just like everyone else in this country with dusty workout equipment in their garage.
Lifting. Not too interested in bikes or treadmills. I can run outside.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
All of the machines are gimmicks.

For training in the house all you need is your body to get started, once you're doing that on the regular then expand. First thing to buy is a good quality pull up bar. Add that into your routine and once it sticks then consider some free weights like adjustable dumbells, possibly a bench and you're good.

If :flabbynsick: is kicking in then there really is no point lifting heavy because your joints/tendons won't like it and having to take days off in between to recover makes it very easy to slide from three times a week to 'Eh, feeling tired so I'll skip this one and be extra fresh tomorrow and work super hard" the your weights are gathering dust.

Body weight and lighter/more reps will increase bloodflow, cardiovascular fitness, overall metabolism etc... without causing CNS fatigue and extended recovery times (which effect a lot of people who are out of shape then try to get back to how it was 20 years ago). If after a while of the basics you get a taste for it then go for it and get a rack, some plates etc.. but don't make the mistake nearly everyone makes:

"If I spend money I'll use it for sure"

Instead think:

"Once I've mastered my own body then I'll look outside for more"

You can very easily get in shape without much at all if you know the right forms.

Plus functional strength is where its at.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
pull-up bar

TML

But if you want to be more technical just cop a barbell and some weights.

Squats and deadlifts are the only two power exercises a person truly needs, then finish off with some pull-ups.