Can a 16 year old get into supplements?

Apex

Banned
Daps
If so, what supplements should I look into?

Been working out for a month now.

180 pounds, 5'10, 20% body fat.

I just don't want anything to stunt my growth or place gaps in my natural development.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
I would say maybe Whey Protein, but not even that. Enjoy being young and eating natural foods to get big. You trying to be a bodybuilder or pro football player? Not sure I would even recommend lifting too heavy to stunt your lil' nikka growth.:what:

@semtex
@Adam3000
@GinaThatAintNoDamnPuppy!

What ya'll think?

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
Stay away from protein powders/drinks. That stuff is bad for you. If you're going to start on any supplements get some natural supplements. Put actual stuff your body needs in. Protein is in most everything you eat anyways. I never understood the whole protein fad.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Stay away from protein. That stuff is bad for you. If you're going to start on any supplements get some natural supplements. Put actual stuff your body needs in. Protein is in most everything you eat anyways. I never understood the whole protein fad.
How is it bad for him?

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
How is it bad for him?
Because most of the time you don't know what comes in that stuff. A lot of the protein powders comes with crap that's not good for you. Studies have shown that a lot of protein powders come with Lead, Arsenic, Mercury, and Cadium. In order for our drinking water at work to be considered safe those four chemicals basically need to be absent. The amount that is allowed is so small. If it's not allowed in our drinking water why would I want in any other form. Plus my other point of "You can get protein in most anything you eat." Why would you need more when more then likely you are already getting it from other sources?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Because most of the time you don't know what comes in that stuff. A lot of the protein powders comes with crap that's not good for you. Studies have shown that a lot of protein powders come with Lead, Arsenic, Mercury, and Cadium. In order for our drinking water at work to be considered safe those four chemicals basically need to be absent. The amount that is allowed is so small. If it's not allowed in our drinking water why would I want in any other form. Plus my other point of "You can get protein in most anything you eat." Why would you need more when more then likely you are already getting it from other sources?
Depending on need it may be easier to get from the supplement.

Of course eating the food is ideal but that's not always feasible.

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
Depending on need it may be easier to get from the supplement.

Of course eating the food is ideal but that's not always feasible.

It could be easier. My point is there is much healthier options out there that will not only give you the protein you need but also give you other nutrients your body requires.

Eating the ideal food is actually not as difficult as most people make it out to be. To me getting that powder mixed in and having to shake some bullshyt cup for 30 minutes before I can drink it is more of a hassle then buying a bag of hemp seed and getting 15 grams of protein out of 3 tablespoons. Heck even putting the powder in a damn blender is a pain in the ass. If I have to bust out the cup for my Ninja Blender might as well add some spinach, kale, sprouts or some other high protein veggie in there and blend that up. Takes same amount of time and cleanup for the most part. Protein powder isn't even administered by the FDA(not that I trust them much) while food is, so who knows what the hell they really put in there. I've never seen Lead labeled on container of protein, but yet it shows up in a lot of studies taken from different brands.

It's never to late to develop good eating habits. Before you know it what you think isn't feasible now actually turns out to be easier.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
It could be easier. My point is there is much healthier options out there that will not only give you the protein you need but also give you other nutrients your body requires.

Eating the ideal food is actually not as difficult as most people make it out to be. To me getting that powder mixed in and having to shake some bullshyt cup for 30 minutes before I can drink it is more of a hassle then buying a bag of hemp seed and getting 15 grams of protein out of 3 tablespoons. Heck even putting the powder in a damn blender is a pain in the ass. If I have to bust out the cup for my Ninja Blender might as well add some spinach, kale, sprouts or some other high protein veggie in there and blend that up. Takes same amount of time and cleanup for the most part. Protein powder isn't even administered by the FDA(not that I trust them much) while food is, so who knows what the hell they really put in there. I've never seen Lead labeled on container of protein, but yet it shows up in a lot of studies taken from different brands.

It's never to late to develop good eating habits. Before you know it what you think isn't feasible now actually turns out to be easier.
Well we are drifting into what works best for the individual.

None of your points are wrong but there are some people that utilizing a powder just makes more sense.

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
Well we are drifting into what works best for the individual.

None of your points are wrong but there are some people that utilizing a powder just makes more sense.
But it this the right attitude to have. The kid is 16 and if he develops good habits now he'll be ahead of the game.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
But it this the right attitude to have. The kid is 16 and if he develops good habits now he'll be ahead of the game.
I guess we just just view it differently I don't thing using protein as a supplement is a bad habit.

That said I'm derailing the thread.

Last edited: