Calling out OLEDGANG. Is the PS5 a good enough Bluray player?

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I have the LG CX. Been watching 4k bluray movies through the PS5. And then I realized something in that it may not be that good. I'm wondering could I get better. :patrice::mjgrin:

I'm not a tech expert but I'm reading Sony doesn't support Dolby vision, whatever that is

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The PS5 doesn't currently support Dolby Vision or Dolby Atmos, which are two technologies any home theater enthusiast will want to have. Assuming you have a competent sound system along with your CX, you might want to look into a different player if you want to fully exploit your home theater.

Other than that, its plenty fine as a 4k player and most people won't be able to tell the difference.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
yea if you're not in a situation to go all out with your home theater system...the 5 is plenty good

when you do upgrade tho (cause you will if you asking questions like this) try & find a region free 4K blu-ray player

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
The PS5 doesn't currently support Dolby Vision or Dolby Atmos, which are two technologies any home theater enthusiast will want to have. Assuming you have a competent sound system along with your CX, you might want to look into a different player if you want to fully exploit your home theater.

Other than that, its plenty fine as a 4k player and most people won't be able to tell the difference.

On the bolded, it doesn't support Atmos for games, it does support it for movies, you have to change the audio while watching a movie.

I don't think DV is that big of a deal IMO, I have a Sony tv and Sony UHD BD player that both support DV, pain in ass as you have manually turn it on and off in the player menu. I don't even bother with it, I just use HDR.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The PS5 doesn't currently support Dolby Vision or Dolby Atmos, which are two technologies any home theater enthusiast will want to have.

Don't tell me the Series X is a better blu-ray player than the 5 :picard:

Dolby Vision on my LG C1 OLED is :ohlawd: