Call my boy's house, his pops got offended that I don't talk to him

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
My boy takes care of his elderly parents (they're like the Klumps. Can't barely move around and sit on the couch all day because they're morbidly obese. Refuse to get fat surgery). Niguh told me today that his pops think I'm rude because I don't hold a brief convo with him (his pops) when I call their house. :mindblown: And he's this way with everybody. Even bill collectors.:mindblown: He wants to talk to people on the phone.

Now, when I call the house I say "Hello, may I speak to _____". That's how I was taught and never even thought that was a problem. But he wants me to ask his pops "how are you doing?" And get into small talk. A 50 second convo before I talk to my boy.

Now, my boy is broke. So calling him on the cell is 50/50 because he got a minute phone. I really don't know about calling his house now. Would yall change and talk to old dude? Or just do you and say bump that old niguh?

Daps
Just keep doing what you're doing if he ain't stopping you from talking to your friend. A lot of old people who don't get out much are desperate to talk to other people. I saw that a lot in my retail job, I'm tryna keep shyt moving and they wanna talk about some dumb shyt.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aside from my parents, I can't remember the last time i called someones home phone.

"Hello May i Speak to...." Sounds so archaic.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
My boy takes care of his elderly parents (they're like the Klumps. Can't barely move around and sit on the couch all day because they're morbidly obese. Refuse to get fat surgery). Niguh told me today that his pops think I'm rude because I don't hold a brief convo with him (his pops) when I call their house. :mindblown: And he's this way with everybody. Even bill collectors.:mindblown: He wants to talk to people on the phone.

Now, when I call the house I say "Hello, may I speak to _____". That's how I was taught and never even thought that was a problem. But he wants me to ask his pops "how are you doing?" And get into small talk. A 50 second convo before I talk to my boy.

Now, my boy is broke. So calling him on the cell is 50/50 because he got a minute phone. I really don't know about calling his house now. Would yall change and talk to old dude? Or just do you and say bump that old niguh?
Sad thread. Respect the elder and ask him how hes doing. You might gleam some knowledge from them. They arent the secretary there to just give the phone to your friend. They're getting up there in age and elders like to talk to the youth and find out how they're moving and also to feel like someone cares about them in general. You'll understand this when you get old.

"hey mr johnson, hows life"

""ahh you know its good just over here watchin peoples court"

"o thats great good to hear man. Im doin good too just posted on www.the-coli.com. Hey is my friend there, friend?"

"thats great young man, yea let me go get him"

Was that difficult.

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
So your boy doesn't have a cell phone? I haven't called a house phone in years unless I'm calling my parents or aunts/uncs.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

I was just bout to ask, but I see u answered it in the last paragraph. I don't even have any friends my age that have house phones where u gotta ask for someone. that's old school as hell.