Building high end gaming PC's for my cousins and I have some questions...

Mystic

All Star
Bushed
Daps
So I'm building gaming PC's for my cousins. One of them has a 7 year old son and I have a couple questions. One will be AMD with a red and black color scheme and an Intel one with a white and blue color scheme(not that it matters to you nor does it have any revelancy to why I am posting here).

So for the AMD computer:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D(Intel Core i9-14900K in Intel build)

Graphics card: Asus rog strix lc geforce rtx 4090 oc edition(ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 in Intel build)

Ram: 2 32GB G. Skill Trident Z5 DDR5 sticks( 2 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB sticks in Intel build)

Power supply: Asus ROG THOR P2 100W

Have not chosen a CPU cooler, case fan, or ram but I'm thinking about 8GB of Samsung 990 SSDs(4 2TB sticks)

Unrelated parts(with the exception of the headphones)on said build:

Case: Antec Torque Black/Red Aluminum ATX Mid Tower(HYTE Y70 mid tower in Intel build)

Keyboard: Asus ROG Azoth RGB Bluetooth(Logitech G715 RGB wireless keyboard in Intel build)

Mouse: (Logitech G502 X Plus Lightspeed Wireless on Intel build)

Headphones: Bose QuietComfort Ultra Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones

Controllers(for each build not all together): 3 Nintendo Switch controllers, 3 Xbox Elite series 2 controllers, 3 Dualsense edge controllers(3 because it's my cousin, his son, and his mother/girlfriend and they may want to play with each other and yes all I need is 3 Switch controllers and one of each other but it's only gonna cost me like $200 or so for all the controllers so why not?)

My first question is what motherboard should I choose. I want a high end one and if you can recommend atleast one white one that will be fine(not sure if I want an all white build or if..... actually you know what? just keep it black because I don't want it literally all white and some white builds I see on google have black motherboards and it looks better than that being white)

My second question is Will the Bose sound better than the top of the line gaming headsets? The benefit to going with the Bose headphones is because they can take them and listen to music on the go/around the house with amazing sound quality which while the gaming headsets can be real good, nowhere near as good. If some gaming headsets can rival the Bose with gaming sound quality then I'll probably choose those and lose sound quality for music for the better gaming sound performance.

My third question is what are some programs I should Install on the PC's before giving them?

Fourth question is how easy is it to set up VR? I want VR for both but is it hard to set up? I can set it up so if it's hard to set up they won't need to go through getting it set up I just want it to stay set up for good unless they accidently reset the PC or do it on purpose for whatever reason.

fifth question is anything I should tell them to watch out for?

Sixth is because I also want it to play all the old videogames and I know you can take those games online again how easy is it for both of them to play some old games online again with eachother ? They might not ever do that but just in case they do want to occassionally is that easy to do?

Mystic

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Question 1: Have you tried PCPartPicker.com? You can plug in your desired parts and get a good list of compatible hardware. It is great for prototyping build before purchasing
I mean yeah but it won't tell me if it's good or not? A $50 mobo will say it will work with everything I got but it will be shoppy for the parts I got and bottleneck some shyt

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I mean yeah but it won't tell me if it's good or not? A $50 mobo will say it will work with everything I got but it will be shoppy for the parts I got and bottleneck some shyt
I haven’t been on in months since I built my last rig, but once you have the filtered list of mobos (or any other part) you’re basically just comparing reviews for the compatible parts using the links the site provides. It takes a little effort but the tools are there.

In general for this kind of thing, I usually find my parts (most of my builds are budget driven) then start filtering the mobos to make sure they support the full specs of the other parts I selected. Some are obvious like you wouldn’t choose a 2 RAM slot mobo when you have 4 sticks of RAM, but things like max RAM speed supported can make a difference if you are building for performance.