Build a Desktop Arcade Machine with Raspberry Pi 3 and Retropie: Super Turbo Pro Edition

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

At least twice a month I go on craigslist looking for a decent arcade machine. It's the one thing I feel is really missing from my game collection.
Looking around for machines brought me to a few tutorials online on how to make your own retro arcade machine. This looks like a great option considering that what I really want is a classic street fighter 2 machine or a King of Fighters machine.
This seems like an easy/fun project. If and when I decide to actually buy the parts and build one I'll update the thread.
In the meantime I was wondering if anyone has an arcade machine or experience with Raspberry Pi 3.

Tabletop Arcade Build
Raspberry Pi 3 $35.99
2 Joysticks, Control Board, 20 Buttons $72.99
24" Monitor $100
MDF Board 8' $35
USB Speakers $16
20' T-Molding $20.00
Total $279.98

This is my material list so far. Got pricing from Bestbuy, Home Depot, and Amazon.

Building a retro arcade machine with Raspberry Pi 3 and Retropie

This is something I still want to do but just haven't had the time.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
:whoa: You gotta kinda know what you're doing to tackle a project like this.
It's not difficult but you definitely need a few tools that if you don't already have will make the overall cost of the project much more expensive.
I've seen pre cut cabinets you assemble yourself being sold on ebay.
That's another option if you aren't comfortable, or don't have the tools or space to build it from scratch.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
It's not difficult but you definitely need a few tools that if you don't already have will make the overall cost of the project much more expensive.
I've seen pre cut cabinets you assemble yourself being sold on ebay.
That's another option if you aren't comfortable, or don't have the tools or space to build it from scratch.
I watched about halfway through. I have most of the know-how and could get the majority of the tools, but I wouldn't be able to BS my way through and it still turn out fine