Brooklyn's Finest (Cheadle, Snipes, Gere, Hawke)

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone have any thoughts on this movie?

I watched it when it came out (2010, I think), and I saw it again the other day.

A nice watch for sure. Very underrated movie.

DredScott

Take these jewelz...
Daps
Thought it was weak.
The most interesting story was Snipes and Cheadle and they wasted that with some predictable white bullshyt.
That should have been the whole damn movie

Word....:myman:

I said the same thing in an old BK's Finest thread.

The snipes/cheadle relationship was the best part of the movie and was honestly wasted.

I'd pay to see a full film of their backstory, fukk all that other shyt in BK's Finest...

There was a really dope "in too deep" type movie hidden in there and they fukking wasted it. :francis:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
hqdefault.jpg

war machine and blade getting ready to pull up on Thanos.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Had some flaws, and Fuqua went over the top with the melodrama, but a very, very dope movie, and probably his last work that had any heart or authenticity. Also, very much influenced and inspired by the 90's favorites I grew up on, Sugar Hill, New Jack City, those kinds of movies. Loved the grittiness of the BK dope spots, and Snipes performance was flawless. "These streets got an expiration date on them"

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
dope flick.

one of those situations where the backstory exposition part of the movie is better than what they show on screen.

supposedly cheadle was locked up as an undercover with snipes. would have been dope to see how they set that all up.

fukk that IRA type dude for shooting Tango too..... ma'fukker supposedly had a black wife too

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Just watched it....didn't even PLAN to watch the whole thing., but it kinda lured me in.

I agree that the whole movie could've simply focused on Tango's undercover premise, but I can see how Fuqua was tryinta weave it all together in order to demonstrate how deep the corruption truly ran ere'where, from the hood to police headquarters (e.g., tryinta frame the kid in the store for having drugs to cover up for the cop making him deaf).

I was surprised that Tango didn't kill "WeeBay" (I dunno what his character's name was in this), and I was sure that dude was gonna pick up the dead guy's gun and shoot Tango in the back after Tango let him live. It's WILD that he actually lived, as well as shorty who killed Sal....I would HOPE that shorty at least took the money that Sal INTENDED to steal and didn't just leave it there, since ere'body was already dead.

I knew Sal would die, the writing was on the wall for that. He SAW shorty sitting on the steps and ignored him...that was stupid...and he was slippin HARD not watching his back in that apartment.

I also knew that Tango would die cause he moved too recklessly (his ex-wife was fine, too). If he was gonna go after them nikkas he should have had a damn vest on...AND he ALSO shouldn't have been slippin while standing out on the street like that. Like, he was slippin just as hard as Sal was, which don't make sense given that they were both COPS doin crooked shyt (and at first, I thought it was the WeeBay nikka who had crept on Tango). They BOTH should've had vests on, with their dumb asses.

Overall, movie wasn't bad, just somewhat clichéd, especially how it ended. But I was engaged and entertained, at least. I can see how it got a 6/10 rating, though.

Last edited:

Tetsuo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I only went to go see it because Snipes was in it and when he got his tv turned off I was like "fukk this movie:pacspit:"

Daps
Movie would've been so much better had F Gary Gray or John Singleton directed it. Training Day was a fluke because Fuqua hasn't made anything good since.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
dope flick.

one of those situations where the backstory exposition part of the movie is better than what they show on screen.

supposedly cheadle was locked up as an undercover with snipes. would have been dope to see how they set that all up.

fukk that IRA type dude for shooting Tango too..... ma'fukker supposedly had a black wife too
GotDAMN I’m literally watching the end of this movie now :why:
Play this shyt on tv so much I figured I’d just watch it now

Edit: found this two minutes before that scene :why::why::why:

Well, at least Richard Gere went out saving the day.

Tango would’ve been fine if he wasn’t seeking revenge. Wrong place, wrong time.

Ethan Hawke got what he deserved :ufdup:

Last edited: