Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Report of Brooke Hogan, ODB & Velvet Sky on Fox and Friends

A report from the appearance…

Credit: Mike Johnson and Pwinsider.com

Brooke Hogan appeared on Fox and Friends on The FOX News Network this morning in an outdoor segment where Hogan appeared outside in a ring set up on the streets of New York City. I was surprised TNA didn't announce about the ring in advance to try and get fans to show up and surround it.

The appearance was promoted all throughout the three hour broadcast with shots of the anchors in the ring as well as live shots of TNA Knockouts ODB and Velvet Sky squaring off.

Hogan's appearance came at the end of the broadcast, interviewed in the ring with ODB and Velvet Sky standing nearby. ODB was completely in character, messing with one of the anchors. Hogan towered over both of them height wise.

The anchors, who were in the ring with them, noted that this was an exciting time for Hogan as she was now a wrestling company executive. Hogan said you don't grow up in a family of wrestling and not want to get into it.

They asked Hogan about her "new show." She said that TNA was actually changing timeslots. They didn't specify what that meant. Hogan asked what TNA stood for and she said it was Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. The anchors joked, "Of course!" and Brooke told them not to let their mind go there.

Hogan said that the women in the ring with her were beautiful and talented. The anchors referred to them as "her girls." ODB and Sky pretty much chimed in positively about Brooke. ODB was messing with one of tie of one of the anchors and sized him up.

They showed footage of one of the anchors messing around with country star Trace Atkins in the ring earlier in the day. It looked awful. The anchors said that unlike that footage, what happens in TNA isn't fake. Hogan said that the girls are tough and that's why she's not wrestling, because they would kick her butt.

This all led to one of the anchors sparring with Sky and ODB. They whipped him into the turnbuckles and was then sent into the ropes. He rebounded, terribly, and was knocked down by the girls, again terribly. Sky locked him in a full nelson, holding him for a low kick by ODB, which he didn't sell. It was entirely played for laughs.

The anchor said he was going to watch Thursday night. There weren't a lot of people watching, maybe 15-30 people as it was raining in NYC.

They showed a shot of some sailors visiting from fleet week standing one side of the ring. The anchors asked if one of them wanted to get in the ring. One decided to do it. ODB locked him in a side headlock while Sky grabbed him in an armwringer. The anchor then tackled Sky, grabbing her legs. Sky didn't realize it was coming.

The anchors mentioned TNA would air tonight on SpikeTV. The words "Impact" were never mentioned, nor were the timeslot.

A silly, inoffensive appearance (well, unless you are a wrestling fan who doesn't like to see the business treated as silly) played up for laughs.

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
Well it was raining pretty heavy here earlier but this just sounds all kinds of stupid. I think this will have a negative effect as many of the girls wont want to take orders from a pop star. It might actually wind up being worse than the Jim Herd situation.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
LOL@taking orders from a pop star...that's unique wording even one of my discerning taste can appreciate:laugh:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Brooke Hogan appeared on Fox and Friends on The FOX News Network this morning in an outdoor segment where Hogan appeared outside in a ring set up on the streets of New York City. I was surprised TNA didn't announce about the ring in advance to try and get fans to show up and surround it.

:laugh: Mickey Mouse organization

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
why odb and velvet sky,....i mean i love odb,...but who wants to watch a show after watching odb being promo'd......

plus what type of quality wrasslin will velvet sky give you,..even if she is eyecandy.

where was mickie and maddie at??

art barr

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
A silly, inoffensive appearance (well, unless you are a wrestling fan who doesn't like to see the business treated as silly) played up for laughs.
Where exactly does wrestling get treated as some sort of serious real sport in the mainstream media?
Lets be real, wrestling is rarely treated seriously by the fukking weekly wrestling shows for a large part of the time they air.
And Brooke looks like a giant next to ODB and Velvet:

Last edited by a moderator:

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Where exactly does wrestling get treated as some sort of serious real sport in the mainstream media?
Lets be real, wrestling is rarely treated seriously by the fukking weekly wrestling shows for a large part of the time they air.
And Brooke looks like a giant next to ODB and Velvet:

Brooke Hogan, ODB & Velvet Sky on Fox & Friends - YouTube

It's one thing that HHH is gonna run WWE when Vince steps down we were all :deadrose:.... but Brooke Hogan is an executive in TNA?!:what: Well at least she's not singing.:yeshrug:

I-Hate-You

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
as silly as it is to have her come in as an "advisor," or even at all, one week on the job and she got the KOs a national tv appearance. :win: