Brehs my knees started hurting while squatting and leg pressing today

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Usually they don't hurt and I didn't go that heavy. Was squatting 225 and leg pressing 500. My last leg day was last thursday:patrice: any of yall have pains while hitting legs?

HE_Pennypacker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Could be any number of things. I'd say try rolling out your IT bands and quads with a foam roller. If you're a hardc*nt, you can use a PVC pipe.

Tim Dripcan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i usually switch up my routine for legs. i do lounge's with the bar bells or front squats (working on the front squats)

after watching this video i decided to change up my leg routine.

Snoopy Loops

All Star
Daps
Ice, rest, massage. Try using doing some leg extensions for 1 or 2 workouts before you start back up with the usual stuff. Don't go back with full force.

Snoopy Loops

All Star
Daps

From exrx.net

Vastus Medialis Weakness
PetellaQuadKnee.gif

Increased risk of knee injury (chondromalacia) occurs during knee extension activities. The patella becomes laterally displaced with the pull of the vastus lateralis. This patella tracking problem can produce wear on the inferior patellar surface. Greater pain is usually experienced during leg extension activities in which the knee is a greater than a 20 to 30 degree angle. Avoiding full range of motion (i.e. not locking out) during Quadricep exercise may not allow the Vastus Medialis to be fully strengthened since it is more fully activated at these final degrees of knee extension.

I was/am going through the same thing as op.

Started doing leg extensions as a substitute.
I then noticed it wouldn't have knee pain for few workouts after doing them. As soon as the pain crept back, I would do them and the knee pain would be gone. Mine is at the top of the knee, like where the quads enter the knee.

Then came across this, which confirmed my suspicions.