Brehs is it true nowadays most console gamers use Discord instead of in-game or party chat?

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I'd never heard of this. It feels like I use Discord for everything except chatting. But how would gamers go about setting this up for the console? Are they using the chat feature via the app on the phone? Is that even possible? Or are they using a PC and running the chat through that?

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
100% true. I haven't used in voice chat since he 360 black ops days.

I have 3 different set of gamer friends (PS4/PC/FGC) and we ALL use discord.

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
What hassle? The reason discord is so popular is that there IS no hassle. It works out the box. AND it works on mobile. With ANY pair of headphones.
Out of the hundreds of people I’ve played with it ( I play battle royales so atleast need 2-3 people every game) I’ve only had a handful ask to play on discord. And I play with atleast 6 new people a day.)Might have been asked about discord 10 times. People don’t wanna use their phone to speak to randoms when the console has a built in speaking system. If so many people were using discord I doubt PlayStation would raise their Max people in a party from 8 to 16 like they are doing next update

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Discord is popular because it's basically old school IRC + Voice + Video on top. It's like having an ongoing party chat and forum in one. If you're just playing with new ppl all the time then you don't really need it but if you're part of a "community" you problem using it.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I'd never heard of this. It feels like I use Discord for everything except chatting. But how would gamers go about setting this up for the console? Are they using the chat feature via the app on the phone? Is that even possible? Or are they using a PC and running the chat through that?

100% true. I haven't used in voice chat since he 360 black ops days.

I have 3 different set of gamer friends (PS4/PC/FGC) and we ALL use discord.

What hassle? The reason discord is so popular is that there IS no hassle. It works out the box. AND it works on mobile. With ANY pair of headphones.

Discord is popular because it's basically old school IRC + Voice + Video on top. It's like having an ongoing party chat and forum in one. If you're just playing with new ppl all the time then you don't really need it but if you're part of a "community" you problem using it.
@Phillyrider807 @Marks Can y'all answer @The Phoenix's question?

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why not just use the console chat

Berry

Negro Swan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Okaga,CA
For audio, console chat is easier but for me personally if some type of scheduling coordination is needed I have been part of groups and guilds that will use discord. There has also been instances where with one game the in game chat was broken, and no one had added eachother, so it was easier to use discord chat

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It's a computer/phone app. This isn't rocket science and google is right there.
Yeah but this is a message board. With that attitude why engage at all on any subject? Especially when something is fact based rather than an opinion. shyt everything is on google. Including some nikkas’ opinions and original thoughts if you catch my drift.