Brehs how much would it cost for a tune up on a 91 Sentra??

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm driving my 1st car again since my last two cars were totaled and this car feels like it needs a tune up.

How much you think a shop can do it for?? If not I can just pay someone to do it for me and get the parts myself although I don't know what to pay.

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
Fiancee had a 92 Sentra. Tune up was about $200 if I remember correctly. Included spark plugs, oil change, main belt removal/repair and an diagnostic check.

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
That's what I'm having done to my car next time since I just hot 100k miles. Why does it cost damn near a G to have the timing belt replaced?

Mostly labor, it's a small dollar item. Depending on the car, they'll have to remove a lot of stuff, getting to the cylinder head, etc.

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
Def. get that timing belt & water pump done. Do the oil, air filter etc. You gonna spend a couple $100.

Almost done doing my timing belt, water pump & headgasket on my Civic :wow:
IMG_20120813_115229.jpg

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
Def. get that timing belt & water pump done. Do the oil, air filter etc. You gonna spend a couple $100.

Almost done doing my timing belt, water pump & headgasket on my Civic :wow:
IMG_20120813_115229.jpg

Picture makes me want to vomit.

I did timing chains on my Corrado SLC. VR6's are fukking nightmares to work on.

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
Picture makes me want to vomit.

I did timing chains on my Corrado SLC. VR6's are fukking nightmares to work on.
Yeah, them shyts aint no joke. This shyt was easy though, the only hard part was gettin that fukkin crank pulley bolt off :pacspit: I broke 2 ratchets & an extention, stood one a 3 foot breaker bar & that shyt still didn't budge. I had to get a 7 ft pole from Home Deopot for it to crack.

SumBlackguyz

Cacs Gonna Cac
Daps
Reppin
Greensboro, NC
Yeah, them shyts aint no joke. This shyt was easy though, the only hard part was gettin that fukkin crank pulley bolt off :pacspit: I broke 2 ratchets & an extention, stood one a 3 foot breaker bar & that shyt still didn't budge. I had to get a 7 ft pole from Home Deopot for it to crack.
what i hear works is you position the breaker bar on the bolt against the ground then crank the engine real quick. the car will break the bolt for you :heh:

either that or get you a 1/2 inch impact gun :takedat:

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps

Great mental picture :dead:

Crank pulley's are why I decided to go to Sears and cop a compressor.

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
what i hear works is you position the breaker bar on the bolt against the ground then crank the engine real quick. the car will break the bolt for you :heh:

either that or get you a 1/2 inch impact gun :takedat:
Yeah thats the old school island way to do it, but i had already taken the engine apart. :snoop:

Great mental picture :dead:

Crank pulley's are why I decided to go to Sears and cop a compressor.
I have a compressor, i honestly didn't even think about usin it. I guess I like doin stuff the manual way. :manny:
Plus that bolt was like :umad: :yayo: so i had to get that fukka out w/ own two hands