Brehs, help me find a new regimen to drop some pounds

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
Ever since I've been working out, I've mainly been on a mission to put on muscle. I wasn't really preoccupied with getting shredded, I just wanted to bulk up. Now I want to reverse course and lose some weight. I know most of the work is done with nutrition - I am looking for a workout that will help me get leaner. Any tips on nutrition would be useful as well. @Gator Reloaded I know you had some success with dropping weight, so maybe you could add something to the thread.

Right now, I'm at 203 lbs at 5'8" and I'd like to get down to the 180 range. No time frame in mind.

Help me out, brehs :lift:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Eat ~2000kcal/day, do like 1-2 hours of cardio a week, eat at maintenance for a week every 6-8 weeks

Im down 12lbs in 2 months off that.... Im 5' 9", started at like 198 though. You can be even more aggressive I'm guessing
This sounds like a plan tbh.

Just eat strictly and exercise heavy

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Eat ~2000kcal/day, do like 1-2 hours of cardio a week, eat at maintenance for a week every 6-8 weeks

Im down 12lbs in 2 months off that.... Im 5' 9", started at like 198 though. You can be even more aggressive I'm guessing

I assume you around 186 now. We seem to be about the same size I'd say. Except I'm about an inch and a half shorter and currently at 178. So a bit smaller. Not bulked up or anything. But I have been trying to cut down lately. At this point, would you say it's more diet (ie. Protein, fruits and veggies, etc) and cutting calories instead of actual weightlifting? I mean I can only burn so many calories in the gym. Luckily I work retail so I get my walking in. Trying to find the right target weight for myself where i have muscle mass and less fat. Maybe focus more on cardio vs weights?

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I assume you around 186 now. We seem to be about the same size I'd say. Except I'm about an inch and a half shorter and currently at 178. So a bit smaller. Not bulked up or anything. But I have been trying to cut down lately. At this point, would you say it's more diet (ie. Protein, fruits and veggies, etc) and cutting calories instead of actual weightlifting? I mean I can only burn so many calories in the gym. Luckily I work retail so I get my walking in. Trying to find the right target weight for myself where i have muscle mass and less fat. Maybe focus more on cardio vs weights?
I would not touch your lifting routine. You lift in a cut to retain muscle... if you play with the routine you don't have an apples to apples comparison. So when I cut I don't change anything, except for dropping the weight once I'm not able to hit my rep targets.

Main thing is going to be cardio and diet. I don't even count calories burned lifting since that's fixed. For cardio you want to be careful... nothing crazy high impact that will affect your performance in the gym. For diet you want high protein and foods that will fill you up so you can stay under your calorie targets without being too hungry all day. But you're gonna be hungry.

Last trick I like to use like I said is to take a week off every couple of weeks.... just eat at maintenance. Weight spikes but it goes back down just as fast and you feel ready for another push.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ever since I've been working out, I've mainly been on a mission to put on muscle. I wasn't really preoccupied with getting shredded, I just wanted to bulk up. Now I want to reverse course and lose some weight. I know most of the work is done with nutrition - I am looking for a workout that will help me get leaner. Any tips on nutrition would be useful as well. @Gator Reloaded I know you had some success with dropping weight, so maybe you could add something to the thread.

Right now, I'm at 203 lbs at 5'8" and I'd like to get down to the 180 range. No time frame in mind.

Help me out, brehs :lift:

One way you might lean out is by stopping your usual routine of being a fat greasy c00n. You'll lose 25 pounds in 10-14 days, watch. Also, tell that dikk-cleaner you call a mother to get a job.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA

Help me out, brehs
I'm not going to specify any diet program (because 74% of weight loss is based on your daily nutrition/diet), but you need to be very dedicated/disciplined to your diet program. If you have a program that says to limit your caloric intake to x calories a day based on your current weight and your weight loss goals, then don't go over x calories. It's a lifestyle change. Every person I have met who didn't cheat on their diet program, whether it was Deal-A-Meal or Atkins or whatever else, when they didn't cheat on their program even when the food was out there for them to gorge on, they lost weight in the coming months.

I kind of laughed on the inside at this one friend who was on Deal-A-Meal. He showed me this little book that held cards, and he moved the cards over every meal or snack he consumed. Plus, he did all these do-at-home exercises. Deal-A-Meal was a program sold by Richard Simmons, a fruity dude who is into nutrition and exercise. Anyway, my friend dropped a good amount of weight. He ended up slimmer than me. :snoop: He ended up hooking up with a married woman and ruining their marriage, but that's another story.

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
One way you might lean out is by stopping your usual routine of being a fat greasy c00n. You'll lose 25 pounds in 10-14 days, watch. Also, tell that dikk-cleaner you call a mother to get a job.

:mjlol:

on top of that cut the sugary sodas and juice. drink more water @Soundwave
That's not a problem for me, all I drink is water nowadays

Back in the day I used to have a few Sprites a day, now I can't even finish one :scusthov:

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Add 20 minutes of Jump rope or the stair master into your routine.

Best 2 cardio hands down