Brehs born in the late 80s and early 90s, get in here

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Don't ya'll feel like we in the middle of 2 different generations :ohhh:. I was at this comedy show and this :flabbynsick: comedian who was like 45, was talking about how these kids these days don't remember antennas on a TV. And I'm thinking like, well I remember that:yeshrug:

Brehs and Brehettes born from like 1987-1993

- We remember when there was no internet, or at least dial up internet
- TV with antenna
- Cassette tapes
- Soul Train
- 90s TV shows, music, movies, etc
- Life before cell phones was a common thing

But we still young as hell :russ:. And I don't connect with none of these new nikkas from this younger generation

Last edited:

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
I think us brehs born in 1990 are really the GOAT age at present time -- we are older than these skinny jean nikkas but not F&S like you late 80s nikkas.

Like you said, we remember all that stuff.

But we also became adults during the late 00s/early 10s and saw the transition to how the world is today.

I do miss the days before everybody had cellphones and social media.

Life was just better before technology took over. I feel bad for the kids in HS today who are slaves to social media. And do they even watch TV anymore? There was nothing like getting home from school and watching music videos on TV. Now kids watch them on YouTube lol.

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
I feel ya ... I'm 29, not looking to "settle down" but girls in their 20's seem more and more childish to me every day, and I'm :scust:at some of these 90's baby nikkas lack of attention span/laziness/lack of a basic ability to connect the choices they make to the events of their life

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
88. Remember lofe without phones and social media sans aol/chatroom and aol homepages.

We the goat generation. Still fukks with late 80’s early 90’s hiphop.

But somehow still flow with new gen rap somewhat.

Was able to cop retro j’s not re-retro basura.

Actsully had to talk to women in person to bag

Throwback jerseys was the wave during jr hs and hs.

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
I think us brehs born in 1990 are really the GOAT age at present time -- we are older than these skinny jean nikkas but not F&S like you late 80s nikkas.

Like you said, we remember all that stuff.

But we also became adults during the late 00s/early 10s and saw the transition to how the world is today.

I do miss the days before everybody had cellphones and social media.

Life was just better before technology took over. I feel bad for the kids in HS today who are slaves to social media. And do they even watch TV anymore? There was nothing like getting home from school and watching music videos on TV. Now kids watch them on YouTube lol.
1990 gang gang :salute:

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
I thought this was common knowledge. We literally witnessed the evolution from landline/pay phones & beepers, scrambled premium channels, etc

to the free AOL trial discs, giving the :hhh: face to text messages, brick nokia phones, brick nokia phones with snake, satellite tv etc.

To the Razr and custom ringtones/calltones :ooh:, AIM, Myspace, the OG NETFLIX (where they MAILED you physical discs and vise versa) and everything beyond... If you were born in this era you were blessed as fukk :blessed: everyone born before or after will never understand the way we do

Last edited:
Daps
Born in '86.

Baby Boomers and Gen X always confuse Millenials with Generation Z.

Millennials remember: Bill Clinton, OJ car chase, MJ saving the Toon Squad, the transition from high top fades to fingertip waves, everybody rocking Polo/Hilfiger/FUBU/Karl Kani/DADA etc., Disney being GOAT status with Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and Lion King coming out back 2 back 2 back (only counts if you saw it in the theater or on VHS with the big azz Disney videotape jackets), learning life lessons watching Roc and the original Power Rangers when Evil Tommy as Green Ranger kicked everyone's ass.

Kids going to college today don't really remember 9/11 and the nonstop coverage for like a month. Their NBA heroes are light skinned sons of former NBA players and not super athletic former high school QBs with cornrows and Reebok commercials. Malice at the Palace for them is like some shyt from the 70s to us.

Damn taking me back....:francis: