Breh Why Does My Samsung TV Turn Off & On Randomly?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
my Samsung 40" 1080p LED Smart tv randomly turns off & on again, like its rebooting. shyt is annoying as fukk & happens at the most inopportune times too, like right in the middle of a ranked match in tekken.

I tried going through the settings and turning off all those power saving options but shyt still happens. on the real fukk samsungs breh :pacspit:

thesandman

Peace.
Daps
Reppin
Zion
my Samsung 40" 1080p LED Smart tv randomly turns off & on again, like its rebooting. shyt is annoying as fukk & happens at the most inopportune times too, like right in the middle of a ranked match in tekken.

I tried going through the settings and turning off all those power saving options but shyt still happens. on the real fukk samsungs breh :pacspit:
Sounds like your power board is going up

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
Sounds like your power board is going up
just curious, why would you think it was the power board?

Do you have some schedule thingy set? Alarm or something?
not that I know of. I went through all the options & settings and made sure bullshyt like that was turned off. it doesn't seem like the TV switches off & on at specific times either, just happens randomly

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
just curious, why would you think it was the power board?

not that I know of. I went through all the options & settings and made sure bullshyt like that was turned off. it doesn't seem like the TV switches off & on at specific times either, just happens randomly

random times. can only think of changing outlets (testing the tv on a diff outlet, but that will probably be a hassle lol) at that point. youtube or google that specific problem.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
What's the model number of the tv? Is it the 40uj5200?

Check the power cable and power outlet, my initial thought is possibly is something internally with the tv

Call Samsung and ask them what's going on. Maybe they'll let you know if this is a common issue.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Had a Samsung do something similar to me a while back. Google'd the problem and my model number and found out it was a widespread issue. Samsung offered some type of free repair for it. Contacted them and it went smoothly.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

Resident know-it-all here, my suggestion to you is to try Google before making threads like this :francis:

I have/had a Samsung that did the same thing (it's at my mom's) I googled it and found a solution that I can't remember off top. The tv lasted for another 5yrs maybe? Recently died. So you have a shot. But it's not a good sign. I have a Sony tv that did the same thing and that turned out to just be a glitch that could be fixed by messing with the settings. Hopefully Google will give you similar results. Good luck...