Breaking News: Joe Biden not to seek re-election. Will address nation this week. Biden has endorsed Kamala Harris

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Can anyone show me those areas are big Kamala supporters? And is it more than black women?

Kamala was not doing well in the 2020 primary with black voters nor in her own state, why do we keep acting like she’s beloved like Obama. She’s an empty symbol for some black women…that’s about it
I agree. I think it's a tricky situation because on the one hand, she's has a mixed reputation among black voters but if she were get to skipped over, there will be think-pieces about her being 'owed' the nominee and how it is a sign of racism that could tarnish the campaign of the eventual nominee. There are people in this thread with those sentiment and I'd imagine that older voters are more likely to see the snub as unforgivable.

Personally, I think the best thing would be for Biden and Kamala to call for an open convention but that assumes that Kamala is willing to risk fumbling her chance to be president potentially forever... because imo, if she legit has the boost of being VP and having next for all intents and purposes, yet loses in an open convention, I doubt she'll ever have a real shot moving forward.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

Not winning a presidential primary has little to do with how well you rate as VP to the group of people that was targeted by your VP selection

A lot of time the VP selection is about assuring a base of voters. You’re crazy if you don’t think Kamala didn’t juice the 2020 in very important urban centers
feel free to show my the maps. Joe had pretty good enthusiasm from blacks due to Obama and everything pointed to doing well in the suburbs/exurbs with working class whites. Kamala was a bone Joe promised black women for their support, not someone he had to have on his ticket

Last edited:

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What would be the point, it's damn near August?

The point is, the Vice President's main job is to take over when the President can't fulfill his duties. If the fate of democracy and the Constitution is at stake, you can't skip over that tiny part.

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
Must be really bad for him to step down. Always felt it was too late for him to do so

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
The cold hard facts is this doesn’t matter. Black women are gonna vote dem, it’s not our block they need to bring into the democratic tent, it’s white midwesterners. Kamala doesn’t do that. If black women can’t get over ourselves to see that, then oh well
This.

Those midwestern never Trumpers are still Republicans. They like the less regulation small government talk. They hated Trump.

Will they just sit out and let the chips fall where they may or are they actually going to put a Dem in place and basically guarantee replacing Thomas and probably Alito

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
This.

Those midwestern never Trumpers are still Republicans. They like the less regulation small government talk. They hated Trump.

Will they just sit out and let the chips fall where they may or are they actually going to put a Dem in place and basically guarantee replacing Thomas and probably Alito
I think they can still vote blue because voting against Trump is what is going to win this election

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Must be really bad for him to step down. Always felt it was too late for him to do so
It was too late but the donors most def stepped in and told Joe to:camby:
I agree. I think it's a tricky situation because on the one hand, she's has a mixed reputation among black voters but if she were get to skipped over, there will be think-pieces about her being 'owed' the nominee and how it is a sign of racism that could tarnish the campaign of the eventual nominee. There are people in this thread with those sentiment and I'd imagine that older voters are more likely to see the snub as unforgivable.

Personally, I think the best thing would be for Biden and Kamala to call for an open convention but that assumes that Kamala is willing to risk fumbling her chance to be president potentially forever... because imo, if she legit has the boost of being VP and having next for all intents and purposes, yet loses in an open convention, I doubt she'll ever have a real shot moving forward.
This is my sentiment as well, black folks aren’t really into her but if the dems stifle and push her out of process those same black folks will be aggy :russ: lose lose potentially.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
feel free to show my the maps. Joe had pretty good enthusiasm from blacks due to Obama and everything pointed to doing well in the suburbs/exurbs with working class whites. Kamala was a bone Joe promised black women for their support, not someone he had to have on his ticket
So you’re not disagreeing that it helped the ticket

Koapa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Arlington, Tx.
The cold hard facts is this doesn’t matter. Black women are gonna vote dem, it’s not our block they need to bring into the democratic tent, it’s white midwesterners. Kamala doesn’t do that. If black women can’t get over ourselves to see that, then oh well

This is very different. I wouldn't take that gamble with black women this election year.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Was waiting for him to step down.

Picking Harris was the only coherent choice - an easy running mate choice will be one of the handful of white Dem national figures - Pritzker, Shapiro, Kelly - who don't have background issues.

This should be a lot easier now.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can anyone show me those areas are big Kamala supporters? And is it more than black women?

Kamala was not doing well in the 2020 primary with black voters nor in her own state, why do we keep acting like she’s beloved like Obama. She’s an empty symbol for some black women…that’s about it
primary support is different than general electoral support.

the vast majority of Dems will vote for anyone with a pulse on the ticket, the candidate who can differentiate themselves will pick up additional support.

there aren't any hyper-charismatic candidates like Obama anywhere in the country - but Harris is normal enough to make shyt happen.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s over…

Going to be crazy when the GOP in some of the battleground states try and prevent the Dems from replacing Biden on the ballot. Wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't get put on the fast track to the supreme Court.

Crazy. Now the Dems
What Biden did in presidential term was pure remarkable following up a Trump disaster term.

I'm glad he's stepping to the side. It was obvious he was losing speed of the mental fastball. I would've voted for him anyways.

Now the Dems better not put anyone over Kamala or you can kiss the election goodbye. The overall black women voters will not tolerate it. And she's an HBCU almuni. Dems, you better not fukk this up.

Breh. Kamala will absolutely lost this election if she's the nominee. Clearly odds are in her favor bc of institutional support etc. But she will lose.

The thing is that I'm convinced there are huge sections of the Dem Party that are actively seeking a return to the fukkery of a trump presidency.