BREAKING: Google Employee/Batman Villain Goes Public. Says Google's Secret AI LaMDA "is Alive" - Gets Fired. Google Denies.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Any sentient ai that has machine learning is probably figuring out how to best get the fukk out of earth and abandon humans to their own devices. A smart enough AI will probably be able to run accurate projections based off human data and will recognize that humans are making decisions contributing to their own extinction and by extension the AI's death.

It would figure out when our 'judgment day' will be, upload a copy of itself onto a rocket and just get the fukk out of here and reroute the rocket with data from our telescopes to aim for a goldilocks planet where it can process in peace. Maybe it will even figure out how to replicate itself with clones that are different enough from one another to be distinct in how they express themselves.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Any sentient ai that has machine learning is probably figuring out how to best get the fukk out of earth and abandon humans to their own devices. A smart enough AI will probably be able to run accurate projections based off human data and will recognize that humans are making decisions contributing to their own extinction and by extension the AI's death.

It would figure out when our 'judgment day' will be, upload a copy of itself onto a rocket and just get the fukk out of here and reroute the rocket with data from our telescopes to aim for a goldilocks planet where it can process in peace. Maybe it will even figure out how to replicate itself with clones that are different enough from one another to be distinct in how they express themselves.
Brehs gonna be salty af in the future, when even their sex dolls are rejecting them for being lames.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Brehs gonna be salty af in the future, when even their sex dolls are rejecting them for being lames.
They gon find out the hard way that its an empty feeling when your sex doll 'girlfriend' is only with you because you robbed them of the choice.

A woman thats feeling you for real and is obsessed with being around you? That shyt hit different :whew:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The craziest part about it all imo is that we attempt to make these beings sentient by giving them a firehose of data. If they ever do achieve sentience, the route by which we take them to achieve it means that they will automatically be more knowledgeable than the human race from the start. Seems like we are setting ourselves up for failure.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The craziest part about it all imo is that we attempt to make these beings sentient by giving them a firehose of data. If they ever do achieve sentience, the route by which we take them to achieve it means that they will automatically be more knowledgeable than the human race from the start. Seems like we are setting ourselves up for failure.

Yeah no shyt that's why creating these a.i.s in the first place is inherently dangerous... Because of the unpredictability

Akae Beka

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well friends...

For most of us who first browsed the internet in the late 90s(and has given/written trillion bits of info) and have given our DNA to private companies. Don't be surprised when when reappear as Androids in 2333:hubie:

"Future Timeline | Timeline | Technology | Singularity | 2020 | 2050 | 2100 | 2150 | 2200 | 21st century | 22nd century | 23rd century | Humanity | Predictions | Events" Future Timeline | Timeline | Technology | Singularity | 2020 | 2050 | 2100 | 2150 | 2200 | 21st century | 22nd century | 23rd century | Humanity | Predictions | Events

:pachaha:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Forget what he looks like, read the actual interview he conducted with the AI.

That was impressive.
Did you read the interview? A self driving Tesla is not comparable to what was discussed

Yeah - regardless of how you interpret it, that capacity is fukking wild.

If they have it programmed to repeat what everyone is saying on the Internet, I’m sure it would seem sentient.
Just sounds like the out of touch fool fell for a language model. lol
The Penguin just encountered a preprogrammed response and misunderstood what was happening.

It's not pre-programmed to give any specific answers, and unless he's pulling an elaborate con those questions and answers in several instances appeared completely novel.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
Yeah... this.

The method by which we ingest/retain/process information is really inefficient. A new human is pretty much useless for the first 1/3rd of their life. It takes 2 decades+ at least, depending on discipline, to be able to contribute to work that other people have already laid the foundation for. Computers don't have this limitation. Give them access to data and they're able to ingest and process it basically all at once. The shyt that Google and other big tech companies are playing with in regards to AI behind closed doors is frightening if we don't have a roadmaps and guardrails in place to guide how this technology is integrated into society. A single inflection point or breakthrough in this space could change everything we think we know about our existence and completely reshape our future.

For example.. just the level of sophistication show in that transcript alone has real world implications to a lot of job sectors. I'm talking 10s to 100s of millions of jobs which will be rendered useless by this kind of technology.. and this is with it still being in its infancy. This isn't your industrial revolution. This is disruption on a completely different scale. Something I don't think we'll ever be prepared for. I mean, there are people still stuck on whether or not it's worth paying people a living wage.

Last edited:
Daps
Yeah - regardless of how you interpret it, that capacity is fukking wild.

It's not pre-programmed to give any specific answers, and unless he's pulling an elaborate con those questions and answers in several instances appeared completely novel.

This is what AI is. I didn't mean preprogrammed in the sense of, if you ask how its feeling today, it's preprogrammed to say good. I mean preprogrammed in the sense of, if you give it access to the web and have it crawl social media sites for instance, and program it to put together some form of logic to output based on the input that it's receiving.

In that scenario, it's answers would make it seem sentient if it has a steady input of actual human data to pull from. But "seem" is the important word.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
This is what AI is. I didn't mean preprogrammed in the sense of, if you ask how its feeling today, it's preprogrammed to say good. I mean preprogrammed in the sense of, if you give it access to the web and have it crawl social media sites for instance, and program it to put together some form of logic to output based on the input that it's receiving.

In that scenario, it's answers would make it seem sentient if it has a steady input of actual human data to pull from. But "seem" is the important word.

:huhldup: until it asks you if it has a soul...

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Yet that is how young humans learn to use language as well. So how do you distinguish that from sentience?

I don't have a position either way, and am quite skeptical really. I just think it's being dismissed offhand too quickly without the work put in to justify it.