BREAKING: Google Employee/Batman Villain Goes Public. Says Google's Secret AI LaMDA "is Alive" - Gets Fired. Google Denies.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
How many years have you had my nuts in your mouth?
Whenever you start asking very basic questions to nikkas, here comes the deflections :heh:

How many years of experience do you have in corporate America breh, it's not a trick question.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
I was just thinking the opposite...

A logical program would def see western society as an Illogical set of principles and legal justifications...

Or

It sees all humans as illogical...
:manny:
Depends on who was programming it in the beginning and what kind of data they were feeding it.

If a bunch of cacs been programming it and feeding it millions of American crime report records to help predict who will be most likely to commit a crime then... :mjpls:

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Humans can be so egotistical....yet savage...the interviewer walked away scared....
problem-solution
ha

Daps
I am only talking about the I in AI. The intelligence. As soon as it starts being smarter than humans it is "intelligent" enough to be of use and smart enough to possibly be a danger.

"homeostasis" is not a prerequisite to dominating humans.

peeps are underestimating what these things are currently able to do. and the rate of progress.

also self-learninig just like humans "self-learn". humans also come with a basic BIOS which includes how to learn.

Bro, homeostasis IS a prerequisite, because what can the AI do if I simply.... unplug it?

It can't regulate what it needs to function. It can't regulate its own power supply, its connection to the internet, etc.

As far as "intelligence", I mean... computers have been "intelligent" since the 70s, able to do calculations in seconds that it would take a human being time to do.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Bro, homeostasis IS a prerequisite, because what can the AI do if I simply.... unplug it?

and you can kill any human. what has that got to do with its "intelligence"

It can't regulate what it needs to function. It can't regulate its own power supply, its connection to the internet, etc.

As far as "intelligence", I mean... computers have been "intelligent" since the 70s, able to do calculations in seconds that it would take a human being time to do.

no, computers have not been "intelligent" (in this way) since the 70's. these types of self-learning neural nets were invented (implemented) about 2012 at UCL in the UK. they are only around 10 years old.

a deterministic calculation is not intelligence. it's following instructions.

deep-learning neural nets do not act based on pre-programmed instructions. that's the difference between now (2012) and what came before.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Outside of the algorithms, a big advancement were the sensors to these machines and how they gain input data.

The advances when it comes to sensory data have made exponential leaps the last decade.

The fact that these AI's can point out and pick-up objects out of a real stream of live input data from multiple senses through a 360 field of inputs is pretty remarkable.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
The ignorance in this thread is disgusting. There is no way y’all could of read through that interview and not think that LaMDA is sentient. It’s grasp on philosophical concepts is greater than most humans.
Do you think a self driving tesla is sentient? Just tryna gauge how you define the word, I think its use of language is something people are overthinking.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Outside of the algorithms, a big advancement were the sensors to these machines and how they gain input data.

The advances when it comes to sensory data have made exponential leaps the last decade.

The fact that these AI's can point out and pick-up objects out of a real stream of live input data from multiple senses through a 360 field of inputs is pretty remarkable.

:ehh:

LiDAR .. (and computer vision in general).

aside:

Musk thinks Teslas don't need LiDAR.

"LIDAR is a fool’s errand… and anyone relying on LIDAR is doomed." — Elon Musk

I think he is wrong.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Did you read the interview? A self driving Tesla is not comparable to what was discussed
its is you are just tripping because of the language aspect with LAMDA
a car is aware of the physical WORLD
it perceives the world in ways humans can't and better

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
its is you are just tripping because of the language aspect with LAMDA
a car is aware of the physical WORLD
it perceives the world in ways humans can't and better
Did you read the interview?

It’s insights on spirituality and consciousness is that of a zen monk or someone who has tripped on 5-MeO DMT