Knicks
disgusted-stephen-a-smith.png

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
negs cant return fast enough :beli:

might as well hit the coliseum and make threads about how kobe is better than pedro martinez

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
For detailed story telling, TV is king. It just is. You can't have as much story/character development/arcs/etc in 2-3 hours, vs let's say 86 hours of "The Sopranos". I doubt any movie writer would disagree.

Having said that, "Breaking Bad" would most likely not exist without "The Godfather". Hell, they admitted to stealing several scenes/concepts from it. Most obviously the prison montage, and the oranges. Going a step further, "The Sopranos" definitely wouldn't exist without "The Godfather", and by Vince Gilligan/Bryan Cranston's own admission, "Breaking Bad" wouldn't be on the air if "The Sopranos" hadn't set the stage for those kinds of shows.

So nah, I can't put "BB" above "The Godfather". I don't think people understand how much impact those movies had. Real life mafia dons started modeling themselves after Brando:

http://af11.wordpress.com/2008/09/0...ten-imitates-art-of-marlon-brandos-godfather/

Fred.